Fiesta Faction banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bled my brakes as they were starting to feel a bit soft and I hadn't changed them in since buying the car back in 2012. the bleed went fine but now it has been a week or 2 and my brakes are doing some funky stuff. If I slam on the brakes or apply pressure quickly, I can stop with no problem and the brakes feel tight. If I slowly step on the brakes the pedal goes right to the floor and I have no stopping power.
I have checked and I vacuum, and it seems like the brake booster is working properly. I don't see any brake fluid leaking anywhere. I am wondering if it is the master cylinder but I want to try and troubleshoot before spending the cash on replacing it as everything was working just fine up until did the bleed.
Has anyone else come across this issue?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Was similar to my recent problem. It might not be the same but replacing the master cylinder did fix my brake issue. Sounds like what you have. Question for you though, when the brakes go soft, does it take like a quick pump one or two to have them behave properly? thats what mine did, it was the master cylinder.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea thats kinda what I have to do. I did end up purchasing a master cylinder and I am just waiting for it to come in. Its also weird because I let it sit for the weekend and now brakes are acting semi normal again. They still are getting soft tho so its an issue I shouldn't ignore lol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts