Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 Ford fiesta SES.

After changing my brake pads and rotors on the front (there are drums on the back) , the brakes seemed soft. My brake fluid was a little low so ended up bleeding the system as maybe some air got in? Now the brakes go right to the floor very easily. Has anyone had this issue?

Thank you!

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
I have a 2011 Ford fiesta SES.

After changing my brake pads and rotors on the front (there are drums on the back) , the brakes seemed soft. My brake fluid was a little low so ended up bleeding the system as maybe some air got in? Now the brakes go right to the floor very easily. Has anyone had this issue?

Thank you!
Did you bleed the brakes by pumping the pedal or by vacuum pump on the calipers?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
By pumping the pedal.
That's kinda what I figured - First time I bled the brakes on my Fiesta I tried that method as well.

There is some kind of baffling inside the master cylinder on newer cars that prevents brake bleeding via the old 'pumping the pedal' method. You can empty out the fluid just fine that way - but the master cylinder won't refill with new fluid.

You need to put the system under pressure and bleed it using suction. You'll need to buy a power brake bleeder and draw the air and new fluid out and each corner of the car starting from farthest (Right Rear) to closest (Left Front) to the brake reservoir.

The hand pumps are ok - but the ones that hook up to an air compressor are better.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts