Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today, I had to do an emergency braking maneuver. I had to slam on my brakes and had to turn the steering wheel to the right. The vehicle I had to avoid was a Toyota SUV:D. They had crossed the double yellow line on a curve on a 2-way road. The brakes are excellent and stop quickly. I had actually heard the ABS come on, so I know they work. The car also handles excellent on the curves. I have also noticed that to many people are crossing over the yellow line on straight aways and curves. It seems that people are getting worse at driving nowadays.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Today, I had to do an emergency braking maneuver. I had to slam on my brakes and had to turn the steering wheel to the right. The vehicle I had to avoid was a Toyota SUV:D. They had crossed the double yellow line on a curve on a 2-way road. The brakes are excellent and stop quickly. I had actually heard the ABS come on, so I know they work. The car also handles excellent on the curves. I have also noticed that to many people are crossing over the yellow line on straight aways and curves. It seems that people are getting worse at driving nowadays.
Glad to know it's not just me to notice all those bad drivers. I've had to use the brakes on my Lime Green Fiesta a few times too. Why can't they see me?

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Glad to know it's not just me to notice all those bad drivers. I've had to use the brakes on my Lime Green Fiesta a few times too. Why can't they see me?
They're probably staring at the car rather than paying attention to their driving.:D

·
Registered
413 Posts
They're probably staring at the car rather than paying attention to their driving.:D
You're probably right about that. :D

My kids thought it would be a good choice so other drivers wouldn't run into me.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Spend 11 hours driving on a daily basis, you'd be surprised how little people pay attention to anything out there on the road.

·
Registered
6,416 Posts
I live in Oregon where there is a lot of greenery along the roadside, so getting a Green car could make it more difficult to see me. I

·
Registered
508 Posts
Almost got ran into twice yesterday in my Lime Squeeze too. I wonder if to color-blind drivers we're invisible? :)

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Almost got ran into twice yesterday in my Lime Squeeze too. I wonder if to color-blind drivers we're invisible? :)
This is why it is a good reason to always drive with your headlights on.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
This is why it is a good reason to always drive with your headlights on.
headlights on won't help you not get rear-ended. or t-boned.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
headlights on won't help you not get rear-ended. or t-boned.
Disagree. With your headlights on, all your parking lights will be on also, which will make you more visible to other drivers from all angles. It can't hurt.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Disagree. With your headlights on, all your parking lights will be on also, which will make you more visible to other drivers from all angles. It can't hurt.
Oh I was thinking about daytime running lamps. DRL are only on in the front.

·
Registered
522 Posts
The brakes on the Fiesta are great. I believe C/D got 60-0 in 121ft? That's pretty much sports car level. I think the CTS-V with the BBK does 60-0 in 110ft.

All that aside, I wouldn't mind adding some braided stainless steel brake lines to improve feel.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Car and Driver does 70-0 mph braking tests. Fiesta did it in 170 ft.
Motor Trend listed the Fiesta 60-0 mph in 116-121 ft.
Anyhow the brakes are excellent. I haven't faded them yet...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts