Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever have to replace a broken door handle like this one in the picture. Tousley ford says its a non serviceable part which seems incorrect seeing that 2 screws hold it on.
https://flic.kr/p/ppQSRD

Some reason I can't post the image directly

·
Registered
252 Posts
I think the OP is actually looking for the part that the 22670 snaps on to. There are no screws holding the 22670 to the car.

The actual door pull is part of the trim panel, I'd be more than happy to help with that but I'd need a VIN to give an accurate price.

-Steve

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
I think the OP is actually looking for the part that the 22670 snaps on to. There are no screws holding the 22670 to the car.

The actual door pull is part of the trim panel, I'd be more than happy to help with that but I'd need a VIN to give an accurate price.

-Steve
Thanks for actually reading what he posted, Steve. I looked at the picture and saw the trim piece gone and assumed his had pulled right off like ours did a while back. :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
Steve,
Part #22670 has broken off my door at the top where it connects to door. Is it possible to order just this piece and replace it ourselves, or does it require more parts? I have 1 2013 SE.

Thanks!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Part 22670 is attached to the interior-half of the handle, which is part of the door panel, The fake-Chrome Outer handle piece # 22670 attaches only by those little grabber clips, and the plastic tabs that hold the clips to part 22670 AND the interior half of the handle that is part of the entire door panel can easily break off from either part, and then you are screwed.
Remove the plastic chrome-colored slowly and carefully using two smooth butter knives, prying a little at a time until you have a separation equally across the chrome-colored handle piece. The door panel is removed by unscrewing the larger TORX screw under the handle, in the middle of the handle. There is also a door panel attachment screw hidden under the round plastic plug beneath the door pull. Then remove the (3) smaller TORX screws around the curved part of the door panel...and then CAREFULLY pry off the entire door panel using the two butter knives slowly and carefully. The door panel is secured to the door interior metal frame around the panel edge at various locations with pop-off fasteners that can be re-used by taking acre during removal.
If the black inner-half of the door handle that is part of the plastic door panel itself has broken you will have to get a replacement door panel, and I'd try a local junkyard to the tune of probably 50 bucks, or so. I don't know how much a new one from FORD would cost.
I replaced my OEM door speakers because after 6 years, the speaker cones had baked in the hot sun and lost their ability to rebound without friction and scratching noise from becoming brittle. (A new replacement front door 25W speaker is about 24 bucks each from the Dealer.)
Back door dual-cone speakers haven't failed or lost paper rebound movement, so go figure.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Did anyone ever figure out a replacement door handle solution without buying a whole new door card? My driver's side front door pull just ripped off. It looks like the handles are different for the manual window (mine) and electric window door cards too so I'm having difficulty finding a junkyard car locally.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did anyone ever figure out a replacement door handle solution without buying a whole new door card? My driver's side front door pull just ripped off. It looks like the handles are different for the manual window (mine) and electric window door cards too so I'm having difficulty finding a junkyard car locally.
I have the same question? Was the part replaceable or did u have to end up buying a new door panel?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Can anyone provide me with a 2016 ford fiesta interior door handle, the part 22670 attaches to. Is there a place I can buy this separate from the entire panel trim, or if anyone has one that I could purchase separately?

·
Registered
41 Posts
As stated above door handle is part of the trim panel. Three options. Buy new from dealer, buy used from an auto recycler or have the broken one plastic welded.

·
Registered
1 Posts

-Steve
Steve I am also in need of this part for my 2016 fiesta

1 - 17 of 17 Posts