Fiesta Faction banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This summer ive added BC racing coilovers and whiteline sway bar end links. Other mods include AEM intake, airtech turbo hardpipe, crossover and secondary pipes. Muffler delete also. Just wish there was a tune for the states.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Nice!
In theory, HP Tuners supports the 1.0 ecoboost Fiesta, but there's not much activity (Reminds me of this Forum!). I've been tempted to buy the hardware, but then I would have to tune it myself, which is risky and a steep learning curve. The other option would be to bring it to a tuner who supports HP tuner. I'm afraid it could turn into a money pit. I wish someone would share a tried and true baseline tuning file good for 140HP. I'd be happy with that and it should be safe with stock hardware since it's an available factory tune in Europe.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice!
In theory, HP Tuners supports the 1.0 ecoboost Fiesta, but there's not much activity (Reminds me of this Forum!). I've been tempted to buy the hardware, but then I would have to tune it myself, which is risky and a steep learning curve. The other option would be to bring it to a tuner who supports HP tuner. I'm afraid it could turn into a money pit. I wish someone would share a tried and true baseline tuning file good for 140HP. I'd be happy with that and it should be safe with stock hardware since it's an available factory tune in Europe.
Yeah I looked into hp tuners awhile back. It's like 500 for just the hardware, no tune. I just want a soft tune too and cant really justify spending like 1000 for a extra 20-30 hp. It's a fun car as is anyway. Not many SFE out there. Had a ST owner try and call me out on my EcoBoost badge lol. He had no clue about this engine. He felt real dumb when I popped the hood.

·
Registered
15 Posts
It makes me smile every time someone posts about monkeying with their SFE. It's hard deciding exactly how much to sink into this car when real race car is only a couple years away.

I'm in the same boat. I have the muffler hacked off, the FRPP suspension and Corksport torsion bar. I didn't grab the AEM when Walmart had it for $124 online because I wanted to get the Forge one, but now I'm kicking myself for that. I almost bought the Pumaspeed world tune even though it was only 140hp, but they killed the pre mk8 one right after my warranty expired. At this point I'm almost ready to try the Racechips 159HP, 170lbft tune. At $449 it may be worth a shot. They seem to have a good rep with BMW guys and the like, but I haven't seen results from the 1.0 mentioned online anywhere.

As a helpful reminder, replace your crappy coolant reservoir, and at least the return line from the turbo every 60k or so. Both the hose and tank failed (crack at the tank nozzle, crack in the hose barb) last week at 75k. Don't risk it. I was idling in traffic when it happened, so it looks like no major harm done, but would have been catastrophic on throttle at 75mph.

·
Registered
2016 FIesta SFE
2 Posts
Mine is all stock except Race Chip add on tuner, which is said to give 147HP. I haven't tested it, but it certainly feels like it. I am very happy with it for $250. And it came from Germany in 3 days!?!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Mine is all stock except Race Chip add on tuner, which is said to give 147HP. I haven't tested it, but it certainly feels like it. I am very happy with it for $250. And it came from Germany in 3 days!?!
That's encouraging, I may have to go ahead with the Race Chip then once I'm convinced I have my cooling sorted out. Still peeved, since the Pumaspeed world unit with the box was roughly the same $500 and theoretically more upgradeable. Either way, if I get it we'll dyno my car before and after, so at least will have something to stand on. Did you get the RS one then?

·
Registered
2016 FIesta SFE
2 Posts
That's encouraging, I may have to go ahead with the Race Chip then once I'm convinced I have my cooling sorted out. Still peeved, since the Pumaspeed world unit with the box was roughly the same $500 and theoretically more upgradeable. Either way, if I get it we'll dyno my car before and after, so at least will have something to stand on. Did you get the RS one then?
Mine is just the S, which is +24HP and +30lbs/ft. But it doesn't show it on the US website anymore, just the RS and GTS. Easy install, just piggybacks into the MAF and MAP sensor connectors. It has 5 settings, but it doesn't really say what each one is, just progressively more power. I did get an OBD2 bluetooth reader and app which showed I was making over 21 pounds of boost. I also have the Corksport torsion bar and some Volvo intercooler. My car was a crash repair and the guy used the Volvo part, which he said was slightly larger? I also have an aftermarket fiberglass nose that looks like the Focus RS.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts