Fiesta Faction banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
That color replaced the Red Candy that I have on Cherri. Seeing it up close on a C-Max a while ago convinced me to get it on my next car.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)
This is a photo of another 404 Coupe in the same colour as my car.

Mine is a restoration project, as you can see.

It has 404 sedan mechanicals (the 404 won the East African Safari 4 times), but this Coupe has the optional fuel injection engine with about 100 HP. The bodies were styled by Pininfarina and also built in Italy at Pininfarina's workshops. 17,223 were made. This compares to the 2.8 million other 404s made. I think that about 2500 are still in existence and I am working with the French 404 club to register them all (1700 found so far).

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Referencing the above post, my Peugeot 404C is 2/3 done and now, later this coming week, the Fiesta goes to our son and his wife as a belated wedding present. He needs a car to get to work and wanted the Ford. Still in the family, at least. I bought a new set of Michelins for it. 135,000 km. The corroded fuse panel hasn't been playing up much after repeated spraying with MolySlip Combat, so it seems OK at the moment.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Further update, about 11 months since we gave the car to our son. We got a recall notice for fusebox panel issues, and although British Columbia is not considered to be a mandatory recall area for this, he was offered the repair free of charge anyway as a courtesy repair. So today the Ford dealer Brown Bros. on SW Marine Drive in Vancouver performed the work. Good news!

21 - 27 of 27 Posts