Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have the SE with the upgraded radio & Sync. Have a button for Sirius, wondering what would be involved in adding Sirius?

·
Registered
6,416 Posts
I think you get 3 years of Sirius with the Sync system?

·
Registered
413 Posts
I think you get 3 years of Sirius with the Sync system?
Actually, you get 6 months Sirius radio free from Ford. All you need to do is call Sirius from your Fiesta (make sure you are in the car and outside when you do it) using the Sync call feature through your linked cell phone. The info should be in the package with your owner's manual.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No Sirius installed.

I do not have it installed in the car. Just a button fro it which comes with the premium soound sync package. Just called a Dealler he quoted $450 to install. Gotta a be cheaper fix than that!

·
Registered
413 Posts
I do not have it installed in the car. Just a button fro it which comes with the premium soound sync package. Just called a Dealler he quoted $450 to install. Gotta a be cheaper fix than that!
If you have the Sync & Premium Sound package that was free with early reservation then you should be able to set up your account for 6 free months with Sirius radio.

Look in the black zippered cover that has your owner's manual. The info for setting up your Sirius account should be in the left side pocket.

·
Registered
343 Posts
that sounds crazy! I have sirius in my escape and only used it twice. When the 6 free months expired, they called me every week for a couple months trying to get me to purchase a package (every time they called i asked them never to call me again). With Sync and an iPod, Sirius isn't as cool. With Bluetooth audio and a cellphone that supports pandora, Sirius is even harder to justify. I don't think I'll end up using it at all on my Fiesta.

·
Registered
343 Posts
If you have the Sync & Premium Sound package that was free with early reservation then you should be able to set up your account for 6 free months with Sirius radio.

Look in the black zippered cover that has your owner's manual. The info for setting up your Sirius account should be in the left side pocket.
I don't think Sirius is part of the Sync & Premium Sound package. The Fiesta flyer lists it as an optional package that is only available if you have rapid spec 201A or 203A. So it would seem that Sirius is an additional addon after the sound package.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I don't think Sirius is part of the Sync & Premium Sound package. The Fiesta flyer lists it as an optional package that is only available if you have rapid spec 201A or 203A. So it would seem that Sirius is an additional addon after the sound package.
This is true, Sirius does not come with Sync and Sound, it comes as a separate package. It's bundled with with the ambient lighting. $450 sounds about right for both, but a little high for just the Satelite radio. it would have been less if you'd put it in when you ordered the car, because the labor wouldn't be factored in, but $450 at the dealership sounds fair.

If you do decide to upgrade to that, it's really nice.

·
Registered
244 Posts
When I got my Mini, the dealer was asking $850 to install it in 2003 (I passed). Now from the factory, it's $500 but you get a year instead of 6 months compared to the Fiesta. Then again a $16,000 Hyundai includes XM (pretty similar & owned by Sirius) for free.

I have it and enjoy it, but if I didn't have it factory installed, I'd probably wouldn't get it. I'd spend the money on other toys.

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
I used my Clarion PNP Sirius receiver in the EU Fiesta I had last year. I took it out of my Focus, put it at the back of the center console, and plugged the 1/8" wire into the aux input. Instant Sirius. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts