Fiesta Faction banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
49 Posts
I had the same thoughts as well. Having had the rear panels off during window tint there are no wires there. Secondly if you look at you Radio options you do not have a fade feature from front to rear for balance. Guess you could just splice them into the fronts and not have a fade ?

· Registered
339 Posts
S owner here...

...the answer to your question is that although you can probably find someone to do this, i wouldn't recommend it.

First, the head unit doesnlt have a F/R fader, so you'd have to put one in. Then, you'd have to run the wiring from the head unit (after removal!), to the rear doors.

Then, you'd have to cut those lovely door panels.

And, the results wouldn't be so good, b/c the head unit has low power, the sound coming out of 6 (remember there are mini tweets near the inside door handle) would be about half of what you have now..it takes more juice to move 6 than 4.

So, you'd have to add an amp...

All for a bit of rear fill?

The sound on the std. unit isn't bad..and there's the neat 'Occupant' feature, which helps with balance...scroll thru the menu and adjust it, along with the bass, and treble.

· Registered
833 Posts
it really would not tbe that hard to add and you would not have to cut the rear panels. it will still have the mounting point because ford does the one size fits all method with some foam patches for the holes that peal right off.

· Registered
4 Posts
Hi guys
I also want to upgrade my crappy 4 speaker audio to decent 6 speakers and have some probably very basic questions.

1) Is the crossover for the front speakers external or does the head unit split the signal directly?
2) I want fantastic sound quality but at moderate volume levels, no need to impress the neighbors. Can the amp in the basic head unit provide reasonable power to 6 speakers? Or is an external amp needed?
3) According to previous posts, the basic head unit does'n have a fader. How does this affect performance when using 6 speakers?
4) How difficult is it to wire the rear door? Can a pro installer do it without much difficulty?
5) Do you think using $500 worth of component front + coaxial rear speakers is overkill for the basic head unit?

Thanks in advance for your help!

· Registered
17 Posts
im installing rears next week will post pics and a walk through
Awesome!

I've been hoping someone would post about doing it soon, since I was attempting to have them installed, but the Best Buy I went to made it a lot harder to do then it should have been. I plan on waiting until I see how someone else did theirs then see about having them done professionally. So far all I got done were the front 4, and when I first got the car I had my subwoofer and amp installed.

· Registered
2013 Ford Fiesta s 5speed manua
2 Posts
So I have a 2013 ford fiesta s sedan without rear door speakers. What I have found is if you get with wiring harness off eBay or the salvage yard all you have to do is swap the door harnesses out with ones from a fiesta with rear sound. I don’t have auto windows so I won’t be using the window regulator plug I might just take that part of the wiring off the assembly.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts