Fiesta Faction banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put cams at the marks and locked with tool. I took off belt and put crankshaft at TDC before putting timing belt back on. Everything turned freely with wrench and cam tool fit after hand turning engine twice, no strange sounds. Put car back together and all it does is start once for about 8 seconds and died then just tries to crank but doesn't start. I am at a loss what is wrong with it......any help or suggestions?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I decided to try starting it again after reading some other posts on hard starting. I simply pumped the gas a bit after I got it started and it caught normally then. Gave a P0304 cylinder 4 misfire code which I cleared and the restarted and it went away. I'm thinking old gas was plugging injector and that one cylinder wasn't firing causing the engine to stall out. Giving it gas cleared the injectors out and allowed normal start. I knew I had everything together right so it was driving me crazy what could be wrong. A simple solution in the end, just needed to get some ideas from others posts on hard starting issues it had nothing to do with timing problems since obviously I corrected those.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts