Fiesta Faction banner

101 - 120 of 144 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,250 Posts
FINALLY!!

CFM adjustable short throw set in middle position and CFM solid bushings, with leather Ford Accessories shift knob. The throw is very short and engagement of the gear positions is very solid. I did also zip tie the cable attachment to the shifter body, just to be sure I don't ever experience "pop off". I only broke one plug mount during, and there was some blood left behind, but it was relatively straight forward to install using the FRPP instal instructions that I found online. I'm pleased.

http://fordperformanceracingparts.com/download/instructionsheets/FordInstShtM-7210-FA.pdf

Sent via poles, wires and telegraph 2.
Niiiice!! I'm jealous. Would you say its easier to shift? Reason I ask is with the Mustang T-5 shifters, some would provide more precise gear selection vs. others that would force you to pull or push it into gear. I much prefer the former.

·
Registered
539 Posts
That looks so much lower than my steeda one, the leather knob is practically kissing the plastic surround in first gear. Oh well, i'm happy with mine, I feel it click into gear and my shifting times have improved drastically.

Edit: these short shifter installs can be a pain especially if you try to take the easy way out like me... 2 of my kick plate screws would not come out, maybe a nut was on the other side but my hand couldn't reach back there, so I took the whole center console and lifted the back end toward the roof with the front end still attached. (this was in january in -20'C with the car running) I had so many parts and screws and plastic thrown all over the cabin and kept losing the instructions, finally I managed to wedge it in through the kickplate on an angle to get it into place and it all went smooth from there.

·
Registered
6,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
Heh. I ended up removing the console completely after fighting with those bastard cable stays in the shifter base. Who knew they just pull towards the back, and pop out like buttah! Plus the things at the end of my arms are much better at bludgeoning than fine details.

·
Registered
6,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
Parts torn from a wrecked 14, knob transferred to the Bus. Numerous attempts at paint, dip, purchased bezels that didn't allow the transfer of audio controls....

I'm looking at you next door pulls...

101 - 120 of 144 Posts