Fiesta Faction banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day,
My 1.0 ecoboost judder excessively, as if the gearbox/engine is going to fall off. This happens at under 10km/hwhen driving in bumper to bumper traffic. Once I start accelerating it's fine. It's a 2015 model with only 29000 km on the clock. Please help.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Good day,
My 1.0 ecoboost judder excessively, as if the gearbox/engine is going to fall off. This happens at under 10km/hwhen driving in bumper to bumper traffic. Once I start accelerating it's fine. It's a 2015 model with only 29000 km on the clock. Please help.
I would check the motor mount under the hood. On the timing cover, sort of under the coolant overflow tank, is a motor mount. I had some excessive vibrations at take off and replacing that motor mount fixed it. Hope this helps

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you. It's not a vibration, but more of a continuous jerky movement, as if its engaging into gear continuously. This only happens in stop start traffic, when driving under 10km/h.

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
Good day,
If your car is equipped with the PowerShift transmission, it is possible that the clutch module needs replacing. When the shuddering starts, ease off the gas ever so slightly. If it goes away or drops dramatically, then odds are it's the clutch module.

I had it happen when I had my '12 Fiesta. The US dealer had a process to follow from Ford. TSB at that time. It was this:
1. reflash the TCM (transmission control module).
2. if customer returns with same issue (usually 1-2 months, if so), then take test run to ensure the shuddering.
3. attach diagnostic laptop to OBDC plug, drive car and take readings
4. if RPM difference between engine and transmission exceeds a certain RPM (500 or 750 - can't recall), then replace clutch module (effectively rebuilding the transmission).

For me, the dealer didn't have qualified personnel so they subbed it out to a local transmission shop. End result was a rebuilt tranny in 3 days after the parts came in, Ford warranty AND transmission shop warranty.

·
Registered
43 Posts
If your car is equipped with the PowerShift transmission, it is possible that the clutch module needs replacing. When the shuddering starts, ease off the gas ever so slightly. If it goes away or drops dramatically, then odds are it's the clutch module.

I had it happen when I had my '12 Fiesta. The US dealer had a process to follow from Ford. TSB at that time. It was this:
1. reflash the TCM (transmission control module).
2. if customer returns with same issue (usually 1-2 months, if so), then take test run to ensure the shuddering.
3. attach diagnostic laptop to OBDC plug, drive car and take readings
4. if RPM difference between engine and transmission exceeds a certain RPM (500 or 750 - can't recall), then replace clutch module (effectively rebuilding the transmission).

For me, the dealer didn't have qualified personnel so they subbed it out to a local transmission shop. End result was a rebuilt tranny in 3 days after the parts came in, Ford warranty AND transmission shop warranty.
The 1.0 was only equipped with the 5 speed manual transmission. It’s possible the OP had the power shift and just made a mistake identifying the engine. We may never know

1 - 6 of 6 Posts