Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow fiesta owners,

I’ve recently install this 2 din multimedia screen and removed the classic radio in my 2010 Fiesta. The original display screen is still in the car and it shows only time, date and notifications such as the passenger door is open etc. The date somehow returned to 2010, for example today it says 26.04.2010 and it keep changing everyday. I would like to change the date to the present one. Any ideas how I can do it since I can’t access the menu without the buttons ? It’s pretty frustrating.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Have a link or info to the device you installed?

·
Registered
654 Posts
I'd be curious what device or system you installed, too. The single DIN conversions I've seen used the Metra panel, which has the directional/OK button. I"m guessing a double-DIN uses the space the controller would typically occupy.

You may have to see if you can go in with an OBD software like FORScan and set the system clock that way.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Except the thing with the date, when I press the button to spray fluid so I can clean the windshield the 2din restarts...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Sounds like a conflict with the aftermarket setup and the OEM setup. I would imagine there are data messages coming from the OEM stereo that are displayed on the factory display (date, time etc), since you removed the component sending those messages (and removed its memory), the display will only show what is held in the display's memory, defaulting to 2010. Do the days continue to advance, ie is it showing 01.05.2010?

The other issue with your windshield sprayer restarting the aftermarket stereo.... Not sure what is going on there, unless there is a bad ground in your install.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts