Fiesta Faction banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
500 Posts
They used to make conversion plates to go from 4 bolt to 5 bolt for example. Not sure if they still do and what options that would give you. Have you ever checked out the Tire Rack site? There are a LOT of 4 x 108 wheels out there (15's, 16's, 17's and I think even 18's). My only complaint is that it there are very few true lightweight wheels in this offset.

· Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I go on Tire Rack all the time. I'm just curious - I was looking at some wheels in 5 x 114, and wondered what all would have to be changed. If I ever chose to to this, I wouldn't want to use adapters, so just wondering what would need to be done.

· Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Agreed. I'm still curious what parts need to be changed. If I wanted to use 5 x 108, instead of 4 x 108, could I just use focus hubs? Fiesta rally cars seem to use 5 stud wheels instead of 4. Again, just curious what needs to change (brake parts, etc.).

· Registered
4,892 Posts
Hubs and brake rotors for starters, providing they will fit the front knuckle and axle and the rear spindle. Might be a problem with calipers if the rotors are a different size.
seems like an awful lot of work for little effect.

· Registered
122 Posts
Hubs and brake rotors for starters, providing they will fit the front knuckle and axle and the rear spindle. Might be a problem with calipers if the rotors are a different size.
seems like an awful lot of work for little effect.
Gonna agree 100%. This is NOT a cheap job. Even swapping from 5x100 to 5x114.3 on my STi was going to be close to $1k and that was with used parts. I'd imagine AT least as much would be required for the Fiesta, if not more.

· Registered
210 Posts
Agreed. I'm still curious what parts need to be changed. If I wanted to use 5 x 108, instead of 4 x 108, could I just use focus hubs? Fiesta rally cars seem to use 5 stud wheels instead of 4. Again, just curious what needs to change (brake parts, etc.).
Can't use Focus hubs. The 2000-2011 hubs are 4x108 and the 2012-2013 hubs are 5x108 and they won't fit into the Fiesta knuckles. They do make adapters to go from 4 lug to 5 lug, but the extend the wheel out over an inch. At least with adapters, you won't need new rotors.

We did change our Fiesta over to 5x114 but not for wheel choice. The 5x114 hubs and bearings are much stronger (for a race car). We used Mazda 3 components. We could have also used 2012 Focus components but we already have 3 cars running 5x114 so it was a no brainer.

· Registered
210 Posts
Well I'm curious, can you tell me what is involved in the Mazda 3/Focus swap?

Does it change the backspacing you need?

What are the brake options like?
Much is required. Knuckles, struts, custom axles, calipers, rotors, wheels. The rear require a custom mount to mount the Mazda hubs. Probably $2500 with low cost wheels.

It does widen the stance by around 1" per side.

Brake options are huge. Even the stock Mazda3 brakes are a big upgrade to the Fiesta.

This is not a reasonable option for a street Fiesta.

· Registered
136 Posts
If you're already coming to terms with spending an additional $1K on parts just to change to a different bolt pattern, before even having to buy the new wheels and tires, you may want to just get custom wheels -Bonspeed wheels, BRAID wheels (my favorite), Image wheels- I bet you would be pretty close to cost for comparison, plus it would save you a lot of time.

I'm going for the wanna-be rally car look with my special order BRAID Winrace TA wheels 15x6 35+ offset and 185/65 tires

· Registered
1 Posts
Much is required. Knuckles, struts, custom axles, calipers, rotors, wheels. The rear require a custom mount to mount the Mazda hubs. Probably $2500 with low cost wheels.

It does widen the stance by around 1" per side.

Brake options are huge. Even the stock Mazda3 brakes are a big upgrade to the Fiesta.

This is not a reasonable option for a street Fiesta.
HI,
I know this is a 10yr old post but Im hoping you are still active on here. Would you have any pictures or further info on this? I'm building a fiesta rally car and the 5x144.3 PCD would be perfect! both for the strength and availability of wheels in australia (ill need 10 to start off with).

I cant find any info on this swap on the web.

Thanks!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts