Fiesta Faction banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
I welcome any and all aftermarket support for this little car. I think it is an absolute blast to drive and has some very good potential. The 155hp package is $2888.79 when converted to USD before shipping charges. I would not pay that much, but if roush/mountune decided to offer the parts separately over here, I would definitely pick up some cams and better flowing exhaust manifold. :) I agree that 5hp is quite a bit in a little car like this. It might not seem like much, but with a vehicle that has a very low curb weight, I can see it making quite a difference. Here is hoping that aftermarket companies like FSWERKS will see the potential in this vehicle and will continue research and development of aftermarket performance products.

-Mike

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
I emailed Roush to ask if they were going to support the fiesta in North America. My $ is on, not at this time, or no response at all...

·
Registered
522 Posts
I welcome any and all aftermarket support for this little car. I think it is an absolute blast to drive and has some very good potential. The 155hp package is $2888.79 when converted to USD before shipping charges. I would not pay that much, but if roush/mountune decided to offer the parts separately over here, I would definitely pick up some cams and better flowing exhaust manifold. :) I agree that 5hp is quite a bit in a little car like this. It might not seem like much, but with a vehicle that has a very low curb weight, I can see it making quite a difference. Here is hoping that aftermarket companies like FSWERKS will see the potential in this vehicle and will continue research and development of aftermarket performance products.

-Mike
FSWERKS has an intake and exhaust in development, it just seem to have fallen off the face of the earth.

·
Registered
124 Posts
FSWERKS has an intake and exhaust in development, it just seem to have fallen off the face of the earth.
Yeah I remember them having it a while ago, but it seems to have disappeared. That's why I said continue to develop performance accessories. They had it close to completed, then it was just gone.. I have plenty of FSWERKS parts on my focus, and I was really hoping to continue that tradition with this car. Ultimately, I really prefer Ford Racing parts b/c I really like the "super stock" or factory modified look. Usually seems to give a much better quality/cleaner look IMO. But if I have to go aftermarket, I want a company that prides itself in quality products.

Captinmorbid: Please post any response you get from Roush. I would like to know what they have to say.

- Mike

·
Registered
84 Posts
I also emailed Steeda regarding an SCT supported tune. Their response is as follows. Please read the email thread from the bottom up:

Sent: Thursday, April 21, 2011 11:10 AM
To: Vinford
Subject: RE: Fiesta Tune?

The best thing the Fiesta community can do is back us up and petition SCT directly to continue development. We need multiple voices, not just ours.

Sent: Thursday, April 21, 2011 10:37 AM
To: 'Steeda Support'

Wow, that really is unfortunate. There seems to be quite a bit of interest. Oh well, I am sure you will keep us posted. Thanks.

Kevin

Sent: Thursday, April 21, 2011 10:21 AM
To: Vinford

Unfortunately no time soon, despite our lobbying efforts SCT has decided to abandon Fiesta tuning software development at this time.

GoFast

·
Registered
124 Posts
bummer.. seems like a lot of companies are jumping ship on the fiesta.

- Mike

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
Captinmorbid: Please post any response you get from Roush. I would like to know what they have to say.

- Mike[/QUOTE]

Here's Roush's answer to my inquiry, someone in a closer location should phone and ask...

Kirk,

Edmonton,

Thank you for contacting ROUSH Performance.

You can always look on our Website to see where we have ROUSH Dealerships and always contact them.

Here is the website http://www.roushperformance.com/dealer_search.cgi

Thanks,

Roush Performance Products
Customer Service
39555 Schoolcraft Rd
Plymouth, MI 48170
Phone: 800-59-ROUSH

www.roushperf.com

>>> 4/22/2011 12:47 PM >>>
The following inquiry from the Roush Performance web site has been received:

First Name: Kirk
Last Name:
Address:
City: Edmonton
State: Alberta
ZIP:
Phone:
Email: captainmorb[email protected]

Preferred Contact Method: email
Heard About Roush From: article
Information Of Interest:

Will you be offering any aftermarket support for the 2011+
Ford Fiesta in North America, as per Mountune in Euro
markets? I and many enthusiasts would like to have your
expertise applied to our cars. Thank you in advance,

Kirk

IP Address:
Data/Time: April 22, 2011 12:47:56 PM

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
I don't think they could have explained it better. It seems with a response like that we could hope for the near distance "never" future?

:eek:
Ha ha, almost like they thought I was asking where a dealership was, as though I am smart enough to send them a question to the contact link on their web page, but too dumb to hit the locate dealer button! Or it's an automated response algorithm confused by a non-general question. I'm actually surprised they responded at all.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Fs werks is still their ive stayed in close contact with them. They have just been busy working on all the products with the focus. They told me that since the Fiesta was so new their in no rush to finish productions of their parts. When I know more ill let you guys know

·
Registered
169 Posts
I am going to call my nearest ROUSH dealership (Apple Ford of Shakopee, Minnesota) to see if they would be able to get some of this mountune performance equipment for the Fiesta sent over, and see how much the prices would run...

Will let you all know what I find out.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts