Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I've been referencing the forum for a good minute over the last year of me owning my car but I've never properly introduced it to everyone. I bought it bone stock except for tint November 17, 2017 with 27k miles on it. Its now approaching 60k miles. Neverless, here's my car.

Mod list:

Exterior:
Rota titan 17x7.5 in gold
Painted chrome trim in headlights
Painted front grille
Bojix front lip
MPT Headlight decals
Debadged truck
Tint
Dipped roof
Dipped wing mirrors
Tinted wing mirror turn signals
Carbon fiber eyelids for 08-13 euro models
Ebay roof spoiler

Suspension and Chassis:
Corksport Torsion Bar
Godspeed Mono SS coilovers
Whiteline Camber bolts
Powerflex rear beam bushings
Alignment done to my specifications
Achilles ATR Sport tires, 205/40r17
Eibach front sway bar
Eibach rear sway bar

Brakes:
Hawk HPS pads
EBC Yellowstuff pads
Motul DOT 5.1 Fluid
Stoptech Steel braided lines front and rear

Interior and I.C.E:
Sound
  • Alpine CDE-153BT headunit
  • Mosconi 6to8 DSP
  • Zapco ST5X
  • Rockford Fosgate t400x4ad
  • Rockford Fosgate t750x1bd
  • Rockford Fosgate DSR-1
  • Phoenix Gold Ti365cxs Components
  • Phoenix Gold rx series coaxials for rear fill
  • Phoenix Gold TI2 12" sub
  • XS Power D4300 Starting battery
  • Big 3 with Certified Basshead ofc 1/0 wire
Interior
  • LED interior lighting
  • Weathertech floor liners
  • Birch false floor in trunk
  • Approximately 100 ft^2 of sound deadener across the trunk, doors, and roof
  • Braum racing elite-x series seats
  • Planted seat brackets
  • flEbay harness bar
  • Tanaka 4pt harnesses
Power and MISC Performance:
Mountune induction kit
Intake silencer delete
CFM Plug wires
Rear Muffler delete

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Always loved silver fiestas and sedans!!! Tastefully modded!!!!
Thanks. I only have a few more things I'm wanting to do. Mainly suspension and on the side of adding more sound deadener and countermeasures

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quick question, how are the upgraded spark plugs? feel any difference in performance/fuel economy???
Not nothing noticeable.

They're just autolite platinums that I could find the lowest resistance I could find at my parts house.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Interesting, will consider these when the time comes to change them......
Yeah if you have a parts house that let's you look your own parts up, the resistance will be in the details of the plugs.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Thanks. I only have a few more things I'm wanting to do. Mainly suspension and on the side of adding more sound deadener and countermeasures

What suspension are you looking at. Im trying to find myself some suspension parts as my shocks and struts have now run their course at 114k. I can sneeze and the entire car rocks. lol. Also I know its listed above but I need more details if possible on the suspension you have right now. Corksport looks to only make stuff for Mazda which I know is ford as well. Just need to know what Im actually looking for. If you could help thanks. Also how tight is the suspension you have right now. Out of the box from the factory the stock suspension to me was pretty decent all though it didnt handle like a sports car. I could still take corners at fairly decent speeds and it wouldnt budge. Looking to get that oomph back instead of the sway I have now and the outrageous roll and bounce. Let me know.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What suspension are you looking at. Im trying to find myself some suspension parts as my shocks and struts have now run their course at 114k. I can sneeze and the entire car rocks. lol. Also I know its listed above but I need more details if possible on the suspension you have right now. Corksport looks to only make stuff for Mazda which I know is ford as well. Just need to know what Im actually looking for. If you could help thanks. Also how tight is the suspension you have right now. Out of the box from the factory the stock suspension to me was pretty decent all though it didnt handle like a sports car. I could still take corners at fairly decent speeds and it wouldnt budge. Looking to get that oomph back instead of the sway I have now and the outrageous roll and bounce. Let me know.
So it's pretty basic.
FiST components work on non ST cars. I'm running springs and dampers for an ST.

If you want to run the corksport springs and dampers you have to run them, you won't be able able to mix and match Mazda and ford pieces. You'll have to run all Ford or Mazda. They will both bolt into place. The Mazda just has a different spring seat than the Ford.
With the torsion bar, it bolts into the torsion beam in the rear with no modifications needed.

My suspension is definitely tighter and more controlled with the H&R springs. Less body roll and everything is more stable. The big weak point in our suspensions is how high we ride and how narrow our track widths are. Get some good wheels that'll fill the wheel wells and lower it and it will be day and night handling difference.

Now what I'm looking at, I'm just wanting some sway bars and some chassis bracing. I'll also go about getting the nessisary hardware to have full alignment adjustability to fine tune everything. Eventually get some small spacers made for when I'm running the ST wheels just to fill the fenderwell out for an aesthetically better fitment

·
Registered
37 Posts
Absolutely brilliant work! I've never been a huge fan of the sedans til seeing yours. I didn't even notice you used the ST wheels. Everything looks clean.

I'd really like to see the interior. How do you like the 10" sub? Feel like its too much or just the right size? What wattage did you go with for the amp?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Absolutely brilliant work! I've never been a huge fan of the sedans til seeing yours. I didn't even notice you used the ST wheels. Everything looks clean.

I'd really like to see the interior. How do you like the 10" sub? Feel like its too much or just the right size? What wattage did you go with for the amp?
Thanks man! I was going for subtile and clean when I was putting the car together. Plus I have yet to find a sedan I really liked so I took it as a challenge.

With the subs, I was originally running two skar IVX 10's in the same box on 1200 watts. I metered a 140.2 sealed. Now I'm running the two Image Dynamics on 100w each. My Zapco ST-5x does 100x4 + 200x1 at 4 ohm. So I'm running 100w on each door and 100 on each sub. It's no SPL monster but it sounds damn good and that's what I was shooting for.

If you were to do a similar setup you'd be overpowering your mids and highs with sub-bass if you don't run your mids and highs on an amp. Dropping to a single 10,12,or two 8's would sound good in a stock application if you have a level control knob to adjust to your particular listening preference.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I’m not a sedan guy but yours looks great I like your mods; tastefully done.
Thanks man, more will be coming eventually. I actually have a nice brakes upgrade coming in now since I destroyed my current set

·
Registered
37 Posts
Did you have to rerun all of the wiring for the doors to connect to the amp? Do you have it setup, audio out -> amp - > speakers? Did you add additional tweeters?

I found this video awhile back and love the tweeters in the A frame. Super clean.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-IbCxukJ9c&t

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Did you have to rerun all of the wiring for the doors to connect to the amp? Do you have it setup, audio out -> amp - > speakers? Did you add additional tweeters?

I found this video awhile back and love the tweeters in the A frame. Super clean.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-IbCxukJ9c&t
I ran 9 conductor speedwire to the factory speaker wires behind the deck.

My car has the optional 6 "speaker" setup so I just ran components in the front and coaxials in the rears. Stated above in my modlist I used a box and half of murdermat, two layers on each door.

JL c2650 components in the front doors

Installing the 5 Chanel and radio. You can see where I hooked the speedwire up to the factory wires

I'm running an aftermarket deck, Alpine CDE-153bt so it's 6 channels of pre-outs to the amp, amp to speedwire that's hooked up behind the deck.

I also went about deleteing sync and all radio features excluding handsfree. I used an adapter to maintain handsfree control. I'm still using the factory lcd display because I need it for traction control and error messages. But sound wise everything has been replaced and improved.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So apparently I'm an idiot and ordered rear brakes for an ST.

To get my car back on the road I threw some Motorcraft rotors on with the Hawk HPS pads.
I'll run this setup for the time being as it stops just as fast as the powerstop/stoptech combo.

Also,I'm upgrading my electrical as I'm having to jumpstart my car a lot with this cold weather. So I'm finally doing the "Big 3" along with an XS D4700 battery

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Here's a couple pictures I grabbed last night. I also updated my mod list again

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Just as an update, I went ahead and deleted my rear muffler so I can go ahead and get use to having an exhaust on my daily again. My Catalytic converter is starting to go out the door and once it finally does I'll be installing an OBX header and doing a full exhaust on it.

In other news my car finally hit the 70k miles mark and the miles keep on climbing, I'll probably hit 100k by the end of this year or early 2020. Along with all the driving I do I'll be heading to North Georgia, Helen, for Octoberfest. I'll branch off one day while I'm up there and drive up to the tail for some spirited driving, I'll probably buy a GoPro for the occasion and record it.

Also, here is a couple pictures I grabbed in Savannah GA last weekend.

On a final note I have also been taking my car to various cars and coffee events around the southeast.

This one is from cars and coffee in Hinesville, GA. I entered in the show but did not win anything.

This one is from the cars and coffee in Beaufort, SC. I met some awesome SVT focus guys along with some great ST owners the Friday after at a calling all cars event in the neighboring Bluffton.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts