Fiesta Faction banner

21 - 40 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Just as an update, I went ahead and deleted my rear muffler so I can go ahead and get use to having an exhaust on my daily again. My Catalytic converter is starting to go out the door and once it finally does I'll be installing an OBX header and doing a full exhaust on it.

In other news my car finally hit the 70k miles mark and the miles keep on climbing, I'll probably hit 100k by the end of this year or early 2020. Along with all the driving I do I'll be heading to North Georgia, Helen, for Octoberfest. I'll branch off one day while I'm up there and drive up to the tail for some spirited driving, I'll probably buy a GoPro for the occasion and record it.

Also, here is a couple pictures I grabbed in Savannah GA last weekend.

On a final note I have also been taking my car to various cars and coffee events around the southeast.

This one is from cars and coffee in Hinesville, GA. I entered in the show but did not win anything.

This one is from the cars and coffee in Beaufort, SC. I met some awesome SVT focus guys along with some great ST owners the Friday after at a calling all cars event in the neighboring Bluffton.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Your catalytic converter is going and you only have 70k?? How’s that possible? Also I just started looking at the OBX for my ‘15. If you don’t mind me asking, where’d you get it from and how much was it? I found one on eBay for $315+ shipping costs. My car is at 99k currently and climbing lol

Your car looks good btw I used to have a ‘11 ignot silver sedan years back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Your catalytic converter is going and you only have 70k?? How’s that possible? Also I just started looking at the OBX for my ‘15. If you don’t mind me asking, where’d you get it from and how much was it? I found one on eBay for $315+ shipping costs. My car is at 99k currently and climbing lol

Your car looks good btw I used to have a ‘11 ignot silver sedan years back

Yeah occasionally I'll get a P0420 and just to be safe I went ahead and replaced both o2 sensors. Confirmed with my scanner both are functioning properly so my next step was to inspect the cat. Just simply tapping on it I hear rattling therefore it's on its way out.

For the header I have two choices, import a miltek header for about $500 along with their sport cat for about the same. Or just go with the OBX header on eBay for $350+/- shipped. I figured I'd just use the OBX as some people.on here has used it with great results. Since I live in an are where we don't have emissions to deal with I'll just factor in a decat and weld up a full exhaust. I'll just use spoofing tricks so I don't have an CEL.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Yeah occasionally I'll get a P0420 and just to be safe I went ahead and replaced both o2 sensors. Confirmed with my scanner both are functioning properly so my next step was to inspect the cat. Just simply tapping on it I hear rattling therefore it's on its way out.

For the header I have two choices, import a miltek header for about $500 along with their sport cat for about the same. Or just go with the OBX header on eBay for $350+/- shipped. I figured I'd just use the OBX as some people.on here has used it with great results. Since I live in an are where we don't have emissions to deal with I'll just factor in a decat and weld up a full exhaust. I'll just use spoofing tricks so I don't have an CEL.

When I had my 2011 GTI I got a catless down pipe and someone gave me a o2 sensor spacer, which was basically just an L shaped little connection thing and that worked wonderful. Are you going to heat wrap the headers before putting them on?

Also I’m surprised that yours went so soon and I haven’t had any signs of it going on it’s way out yet. Maybe the model year has something to do with that since mines a ‘15 ?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
When I had my 2011 GTI I got a catless down pipe and someone gave me a o2 sensor spacer, which was basically just an L shaped little connection thing and that worked wonderful. Are you going to heat wrap the headers before putting them on?

Also I’m surprised that yours went so soon and I haven’t had any signs of it going on it’s way out yet. Maybe the model year has something to do with that since mines a ‘15 ?

Yeah I planned on going full Fab with my exhaust. Put flanges in where I can so I'll be able to remove it. Unfortunately OBX doesn't provide spoofers for the O2 sensors. I'll just have to research them a little and I'll be fine then.

With the cats, from what I've looked into they're hit or miss with us. Not one year is worse than the other, just a dice roll

·
Registered
274 Posts
Yeah I planned on going full Fab with my exhaust. Put flanges in where I can so I'll be able to remove it. Unfortunately OBX doesn't provide spoofers for the O2 sensors. I'll just have to research them a little and I'll be fine then.

With the cats, from what I've looked into they're hit or miss with us. Not one year is worse than the other, just a dice roll

BaiFM O2 Check Engine Light CEL 90 Degree Angled Fix Oxygen Spacer Exhaust Extension - 4Pieces Kit (Oxygen Spacer) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BJ67LV9/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_ESYQCbA0K57E3

This is something similar to what I had on my gti when I was catless. I’m sure that would work for you as well! I wish my cat would go bad just so I have an excuse to upgrade rather than replace

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
BaiFM O2 Check Engine Light CEL 90 Degree Angled Fix Oxygen Spacer Exhaust Extension - 4Pieces Kit (Oxygen Spacer) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BJ67LV9/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_ESYQCbA0K57E3

This is something similar to what I had on my gti when I was catless. I’m sure that would work for you as well! I wish my cat would go bad just so I have an excuse to upgrade rather than replace

Thanks for the link I have it saved for when I go to buy my header

·
Registered
274 Posts
Thanks for the link I have it saved for when I go to buy my header

Are you going to heat wrap the header whenever you purchase it? I’ve seen people do that before and think I will do it myself once I buy the header myself if that day ever comes lmao

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Are you going to heat wrap the header whenever you purchase it? I’ve seen people do that before and think I will do it myself once I buy the header myself if that day ever comes lmao

Ill do underhood temperature testing to determine if it's needed. Also if it affects my IAT's then i will

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
So recently ive hand a change of plans with my car. Instead of doing a header and full exhaust ill be working on the interior over the next 6ish weeks as parts come in.

On the list of things to do
Restore my weathertechs
Wrap my A&C pillars in fabric
Paint b pillars to match
Paint trim pieces
Rewrap my headliner to match
Front seat swap
Rear seat swap

Possibilities if time and money allows
Aftermarket wheel swap
Additional sound deadening
4pt harnesses

In the eantime here's how the front end of my interior is looking. Ill go and clean things up a bit for some better interior photos, nothing quite impressive. Its mostly stock except for LED lighting and the weathertechs

Here's what i have purchased already.

I also have 2^2 yards of black felt to do the headliner but i may need 2 more to do the pillars.
Enough adhesive to do this job and many after this
Can of interior plastic and fabric dye
Cutings of sound deadener

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
An ST steering wheel is a nice easy upgrade also.
Ive been looking ats the ST wheel as an option for a good minute now. Its the easiest option on maintaining cruise control, looks the most oem and is leather.

However, i want a quick release as im planning to start doing shows in the fall, im also wanting a slightly smaller than OE wheel from factory. So aftermarket will most likely be my path.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Nice! You had me confused a bit as I read earlier stuff because my 2017 SFE just turned 8000K. HIDs right. ;)

Anyway I'm about to start on mine and although its low miles I can change a lot without stepping on the warranty. Wheels and suspension with Ford's Performance stuff is relatively cheap and a good start. I'll get to opening intake and out after that as I don't think hoses and exhaust will impact warranty if the right stuff is used.

Good to see a nicely done Sedan that's for sure. ;)

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Nice! You had me confused a bit as I read earlier stuff because my 2017 SFE just turned 8000K. HIDs right. ;)

Anyway I'm about to start on mine and although its low miles I can change a lot without stepping on the warranty. Wheels and suspension with Ford's Performance stuff is relatively cheap and a good start. I'll get to opening intake and out after that as I don't think hoses and exhaust will impact warranty if the right stuff is used.

Good to see a nicely done Sedan that's for sure. ;)
Yeah I'm running 8000k HID's

With your warranties, don't be afraid to buy anything from mountune as they don't void your warranty. Same for any reputable bolt on exhaust kit. The ford handling pack is a great start and it will teach you how to install the other parts as you come around to upgrading further. Another mod you can do that usually doesn't affect your warranty is sway bars, its quite overlooked as people want the most power they can get while maintaining warranty.
Now something you can do that wont be covered under warranty but is a massive bang for buck is a proper set of wheels and tires, just buy good TPMS sensors and the ford programming tool (its like $25) Our factory wheel and tire packages are great for fuel economy but if you do any kind of spirited driving they suck, plus the rollover risk is astronomical compared to is you even went with a basic set of 15x7's +40 wheels.

Thanks, I've been whittling at the car for a minute now just making it a nice daily for me to beat on

·
Registered
209 Posts
I'm old and lazy and an almost new car is nice to work on. I'd put Konis on it but the price works out to double the Ford Performance stuff, and I'm not rich. Is the sway bar best for the back? That torsion bar looks pretty good.

Yeah wheels are a big deal on a little car, well any car, but I'll get good 17s and tires and go with that for now.

Eventually when warranty gets old I'll chip her after taking care of breathing, and go for the 155/175 a mild chip will give you.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I'm old and lazy and an almost new car is nice to work on. I'd put Konis on it but the price works out to double the Ford Performance stuff, and I'm not rich. Is the sway bar best for the back? That torsion bar looks pretty good.

Yeah wheels are a big deal on a little car, well any car, but I'll get good 17s and tires and go with that for now.

Eventually when warranty gets old I'll chip her after taking care of breathing, and go for the 155/175 a mild chip will give you.
I ended up putting a performance pack on my car shortly afer i got it and it was okay, body roll was a little more controlled and imo it's how the car should've been stock. It gives a stock feel with minor performance gain. I ran that until i could afford to get koni's. Between tbe konis and h&r's the gain is comprable to a missle of the road coilover. Granted i put an alignment kit in while i was installing the konis.

The sway bar vs torsion bar arguement. Yhe torsion bar only stiffens up the back which balances out the car. But if you go with a sway bar pair, particularly the eibach kit you get closer to balance than stock but less body roll in the front. Ill be doing that in conjunction with my torsion bar as my car still body rolls a bit much under spirited driving.

Please tell me if you find someone who supports the NA 1.6's on this side of the pond. Id love to get a proper tune after i do full exhaust including header

·
Registered
218 Posts
Nice! You had me confused a bit as I read earlier stuff because my 2017 SFE just turned 8000K. HIDs right.

Our factory wheel and tire packages are great for fuel economy but if you do any kind of spirited driving they suck, plus the rollover risk is astronomical compared to is you even went with a basic set of 15x7's +40 wheels.
If you run wheels with a lower offset you won’t need to run spacers to widen the track and fill out the wheel arches. ET32 fits nicely with 7” wheels plus I run 5mm spacers on the rear.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Please tell me if you find someone who supports the NA 1.6's on this side of the pond. Id love to get a proper tune after i do full exhaust including header

I have the SFE with the 1 liter. I actually bought the car for that motor and I'm very pleased with it. It has several chips I can buy after I sort the in/out. ;)

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Thanks, useful info.. I'll keep this in mind when I go to buy the wheels. ;)
No problem. Im always glad to share what i know

I have the SFE with the 1 liter. I actually bought the car for that motor and I'm very pleased with it. It has several chips I can buy after I sort the in/out. ;)
Ahh yes the good engine in the non st's. I got the pathetic naturally aspirated 1.6. Nothing is easily available for us yet. But i am working on that as a side project.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
If you run wheels with a lower offset you won’t need to run spacers to widen the track and fill out the wheel arches. ET32 fits nicely with 7” wheels plus I run 5mm spacers on the rear.
Yeah im considering teying 10mm spacers on my st wheels. But i need to measure up before i do that. I dont want to have to roll my fenders just yet.

21 - 40 of 87 Posts