Fiesta Faction banner

61 - 80 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Oh wow! Well I’m sure it will look good a tad higher so you don’t rub!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
it's not too bad. I had to raise the front about 3/4"

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
so i went out and got some new photos with my new wheel setup. I've been overdue for it

·
Registered
37 Posts
Damn man, she just gets cleaner and cleaner... It looks so good, if i didn't know better I wouldn't even think its a Fiesta. After drooling over all the hatchbacks you are still doing the sedan justice! Pretty inspirational!

Are you still on rear brake drums or did you successfully move to calipers?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Damn man, she just gets cleaner and cleaner... It looks so good, if i didn't know better I wouldn't even think its a Fiesta. After drooling over all the hatchbacks you are still doing the sedan justice! Pretty inspirational!

Are you still on rear brake drums or did you successfully move to calipers?
I plan on getting the wilwood brakes front and rear for my car. it allows you to convert to 12.2" rotors in the front and 11.8" rotors in the back. 6 piston front and 1 piston rear.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
in persuit of my goal of SQ I decided to go ahead and jump into the hardest part of the project. I mounted two Lanzar IB 15" subs.

I started with taking rough measurements of the section of the trunk I wanted to "wall" off with the baffle and rough cut it and a new false floor out of MDF. The mountng baffle where the subs are mounted is double baffled so its 1" thick, the false floor is 1/2".

then later on in the evening I proceeded to mount and wire up the subs, I have them wored at 2 ohms and the birth sheet of my Rockford Foagate T750x1bd says it does about 940rms at that impedance.

I have yet to get it sealed as you can see there are gaps between the MDF and sides of the trunk. I plan on spray foaming and carving to make the shape I want and then fiberglass it permanently to the car to make a good seal. Updates will come as I make more progress

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
I finally went around to sealing the 15's, so after some playing around and a little tuning i decided to have my output term labed. 131db ain't too bad for my current stage. More sealing, reinforcing and fiberglassing is coming.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
so not much of an update other than I spent a little time in north georgia and i hit the tail. i got a bunch of pictures off my phone and some through professional sources.

Here are the professional pictures from Killboy.com

and here's a few i snapped off my phone

·
Registered
274 Posts
so not much of an update other than I spent a little time in north georgia and i hit the tail. i got a bunch of pictures off my phone and some through professional sources.

Here are the professional pictures from Killboy.com

and here's a few i snapped off my phone

I wish I could make a trip down to the Tail! It looks so far but that’s a little far to do a quick trip down there from New Hampshire

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
I wish I could make a trip down to the Tail! It looks so far but that’s a little far to do a quick trip down there from New Hampshire

take a long weekend

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #74 (Edited)
Since I've grossly neglected mybuild thread here, I'm going to go ahead and update what I've done since November.

So the biggest thing I did was swapping my interior and wrapping my headliner I installed braum elite-x seats on planted brackets with an ebay harness bar and tanaka harnesses. A full roll.bar is in the works at the moment, so that's temporary.

For performance modifications Ive redone my brakes with EBC GD1676 rotors, Hawk HPS pads, stoptech braided lines and motul dot 5.1 fluid. I also installed eibach front and rear sway bars.

As for the sound build, I've moved from the two 15s running ib to a single 12 in a slot ported box tuned into the low 30s. Ive also added a mosconi 6to8 processor in place of my DSR1. I'm running everything fully active on the rockford fosgate amps and my old zapco st5x. To help keep sound in and less rattling I spray foamed all the small crevaces in my trunk and added deadener to the roof and both sides of the rear parcel shelf. between the deadener and switching subs my score went up from low 130s to 138.

Now, what i have in the works. I'm currently waiting on someone local to me to finish parting out a 2017 st, I'm getting the rear axle and disc brake setup out of it. also as noted earlier im working on getting a proper roll bar for my car to more securely mount my harnesses. And finally I'm looking at buying a wrecked ST so I can attempt a complete ST swap so I can actually make enough power to match all of.my suspension and chassis work.

So after this big update, any questions?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
Do I got around to my 100k mile service even though im not quite there yet, 99700 as of this morning. I completely drained my coolant and installed HPS radiator hoses and mixed up some fresh Motorcraft coolant.

I did my plugs 3k miles ago, put fresh dot 5.1 in when I did my brakes less than a month ago, and I used Motorcraft oil with a k&n oil filter.
During my service I decided to track down the squeeking noise coming from my front end when I first start driving and comes back intermittently. II found it to be a walking front right wheel bearing. I went ahead and bought both wheel bearings as I'll do them both at the same time. I also ordered polyurethane bushings for my control arms and some other parts.

I'll update once I start breaking down and rebuilding this front end.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Do I got around to my 100k mile service even though im not quite there yet, 99700 as of this morning. I completely drained my coolant and installed HPS radiator hoses and mixed up some fresh Motorcraft coolant.

I did my plugs 3k miles ago, put fresh dot 5.1 in when I did my brakes less than a month ago, and I used Motorcraft oil with a k&n oil filter.
During my service I decided to track down the squeeking noise coming from my front end when I first start driving and comes back intermittently. II found it to be a walking front right wheel bearing. I went ahead and bought both wheel bearings as I'll do them both at the same time. I also ordered polyurethane bushings for my control arms and some other parts.

I'll update once I start breaking down and rebuilding this front end.

I think I need to start looking at my front end, my 2015 has almost 120k on it. I just installed brand new BC Racjng coilovers in it. It does make some funky sounds sometimes

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
I think I need to start looking at my front end, my 2015 has almost 120k on it. I just installed brand new BC Racjng coilovers in it. It does make some funky sounds sometimes

well im just uder 100k miles and I've gone through 2 sets of cv axles and im about to do my first set of wheel bearings.

I've also been low low the whole time too

·
Registered
47 Posts
well im just uder 100k miles and I've gone through 2 sets of cv axles and im about to do my first set of wheel bearings.

I've also been low low the whole time too

I’ve got just over 180,000 on mine and I did a good thorough check after getting the timing belt, water pump, and thermostat changed. Ford Performance suspension is doing very well after 50,000 miles. Stock CVs are great with a small amount of slack over factory specs.

I’m starting to dig into the engine bay to start detailing and seeing what I can do for a custom look.

It’s a shame they DC’d the line. These cars are great.

2014 Ford Fiesta SE Hatchback
Cold Air Intake
OBX Header with high-flo cat, resonator, and DC Sports muffler and 2.5” exhaust
N2MB Two Step
FRPP Suspension
17” Focal with 205/45s
3M Dark Smoke Vinyl Wrapped Lights

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
I’ve got just over 180,000 on mine and I did a good thorough check after getting the timing belt, water pump, and thermostat changed. Ford Performance suspension is doing very well after 50,000 miles. Stock CVs are great with a small amount of slack over factory specs.

I’m starting to dig into the engine bay to start detailing and seeing what I can do for a custom look.

It’s a shame they DC’d the line. These cars are great.

Cold Air Intake
N2MB Two Step
FRPP Suspension
17” Focal with 205/45s
I kept tearing boots in mine. the axles are cheap enough to be expendable. so I just ran them till they started vibrating under load or clicking. whichever came first.

I also drive the hell out of my car daily so things will wear at a faster rate for me. so it actually pays off to be more proactive on wear items.

When my 150k miles comes around I'm debating doing my ST swap then or pioneering the uk market cams we have available, particularly the drop in ones available on pumaspeed made by piper cams.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Yeah. I’d love to be able to get the cams. I’m holding off a bit until I get the nitrous system in.

Cold Air Intake
N2MB Two Step
FRPP Suspension
17” Focal with 205/45s

61 - 80 of 87 Posts