Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I got my third piece of mail wanting me to sign on to class action law suits about the PowerShift auto transmission. Has everyone else been getting these? I had the manual, so they don't apply to me.

Any comments?

·
Registered
354 Posts
I been getting this stuff too. I also have the 5 speed. How much work do you think these scumbag lawyers put into their schemes if they can't even be bothered to find out if I'm a potential member of the class or not?

·
Registered
300 Posts
I get emails.
I inquired about the lawsuit and now I get tons of emails.

Heres the kicker - got an email the other day stating that the deadline was June 30, 2017... July 1st no emails...but then on July 2 they began again lol

I dont buy it.

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
Nope. Not a thing ... and Ford still thinks I have the '14 one I traded in on the '15 hybrid! I do get those nice pink ones telling me my warranty is about to expire on my '12 ... and '11. Idiots.

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
Spotted an article on Yahoo from Road & Track. There is a settlement which is NOT finalized. It is for Fiesta and Focus auto owners/lessees where the vehicle had a Powershift transmission. Specific details can be found here. The R&T article is here.

NOTE: To get the full impact of the legalese, you need to click the "Case Documents" link at the top ... then start reading. The Settlement Agreement is 148 pages long. Operative Complaint is 118 pages.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Yeah, I just got the letter. We have an 11 with the manual. I read that it wasn't finalized. I just ignore those. Similar to how I ignore the letters about the warranty expiring or how they are in desperate need for my vehicle for trade.

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
Well, I did have a '12 that had the clutches replaced. Worked fine after that ... and the process did require 2 TCM reflashes to dope out the issue. This was before the warranty extension.

One thing I do have an issue with in the complaint document - it states Ford said this operation was normal. Disagree as there are more than a few posts here that plainly state the dealer made the remark. Dealers <> Ford as they are franchises ... they do not speak for Ford unless they have something in writing that allows them to do so in a service arrangement. Example: Engineering message that it is normal, etc.

·
Registered
653 Posts
I've gotten a couple recently as well, but like others, I have the 5-speed manual, so it doesn't apply. I just add them to the recycling bin.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I signed up to the website for the suit. I thought that the numbers were ridiculously low so I selected arbitration. Took several months but Ford contacted me a week ago and asked how I wanted to proceed. They said that due to the fact that I live in California that my Fiesta's transmission problems falls under the California Lemon Law and that I was entitled to a "Very Nice" settlement. So now it's all over. They bought back my 2012 for what I paid for it used, plus my trade in value, plus all my registration fees for the last four years. The total came to over $12,500. I bought this car, used, from a Toyota dealership for $11,000. So I guess I made out pretty good. I had to have the clutches replaced three times in the 90,000 miles I drove it and a number of reprogrammings of the control module. I took the money and bought a 2016 Fiesta with 13,000 miles for $8500.00 Tuesday. I got a manual transmission this time, so I can tow it behind my motorhome. So now rather than a 2012 Lime Squeeze Hatchback, I'm driving a 2016 Black Sedan with a manual transmission. I'm a happy camper. :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts