Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My current car has a textured hard black plastic dash and some door trim. We transport our dog with us frequently, so there's that whitish, minerally residue left from drool spots she's made. It's easy to clean this from smooth surfaces, but the textured areas are killing me!

I've tried cleaners to no avail, as I can't get the paper towel/cloth down in the crevices between the "textures" (for lack of a better word). Would going over the dash with Armorall or something similar do away with these spots?

·
Registered
76 Posts
A microfiber cloth and a vinyl cleaner may be your best bet.

I don't think it is time to start thinking about the peanut butter method yet...

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A microfiber cloth and a vinyl cleaner may be your best bet.

I don't think it is time to start thinking about the peanut butter method yet...
Would vinyl cleaner leave a sheen that I'd need to rub down?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Would vinyl cleaner leave a sheen that I'd need to rub down?
Most do. The only one I know of that does not is Sprayway Plastic Cleaner.

Great stuff, but usually hard to find in these parts. It has a foaming action that really gets into the texture and pulls gunk up.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Most do. The only one I know of that does not is Sprayway Plastic Cleaner.

Great stuff, but usually hard to find in these parts. It has a foaming action that really gets into the texture and pulls gunk up.
In what type of establishment would one find this stuff? Auto parts, hardware, etc.?

Thanks.

·
Registered
76 Posts
In what type of establishment would one find this stuff? Auto parts, hardware, etc.?

Thanks.
Last time I found it was at a glass/paint shop and it had the store's name on the label. They used to have a different looking can, which is what tipped me off that last time, but it looks like they have gone to a typical can now.
Sprayway Plastic Cleaner

Looks like their glass cleaner is still using the original can. At least my favorite glass cleaner is still easier to find. (Year supply multi-pack at Sam's Club. Just wish they carried the plastic cleaner too.)

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
i keep the dog in a crate, in the back of our minivan. No drool this way ;)

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
SEL4ME;61017 We transport our dog with us frequently said:
Its called doggie nose juice! And widows are the worst victims.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts