Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay,

Go sit in your fiesta, turn off your radio and your a/c, turn on your wipers, on the first setting nothing faster. Does yours click everytime it wipes, something inside my car on the passenger side makes a click noise everytime the wipers wipe, I asked some of the mechanics at my dealer if you would be able to hear the wiper motor from inside the car and to me I feel like you shouldn't be able to.

It actually sounds more like a relay clicking over or something, just a little click everytime they wipe.

Any ideas on this?

·
Registered
406 Posts
By first setting, you mean the intermittent? Perhaps, just a guess, some timer relay for the delay?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm dumb and realized it was the wiper relay, its just really loud in this car

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
How noticeable is it when you're actually driving?

The turn signal in my SVT Focus struck me as a bit loud when I first got the car but I don't even notice it anymore.

Of course if I don't have kids fighting in the car I've go the stereo on so I wouldn't hear it anyways. :D

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its very noticable but ya I agree with ya iamz, this car does an excellent job of keeping sound out, so good in fact that I can only help but notice the only noise it has inside, lol

·
Registered
406 Posts
It's almost too quiet... Last week, I'm pulling out of my street after the light turned green, and the guy in front of me stops. At a green light. I lay on the horn just as i see the fire engine blast by with lights and sirens going! Oops, did I feel stupid...never heard it coming!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Yea, I have the same clicking noise. It's surprisingly loud for me. I heard it and was like wtf is that? Then I remembered reading this thread and realized what it was. :p

1 - 8 of 8 Posts