Fiesta Faction banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For about 3 months I've been noticing a clicking coming from behind my dash at sporadic intervals. Sometimes it's 5 mins apart, sometimes 10, sometimes it'll do it 2-3 times consecutively. Heck I'll even get days where it won't do it at all.

I never thought much of it until I replaced my factory radio with an aftermarket 9" android screen. But now whenever it clicks, the Android screen turns off and turns back on. It's tremendously annoying when you're really into a song on the radio.

I traced the clicking to the accessory relay behind the glove box. I swapped relays with another one and it still does it. Anyone had this issue before issue?

·
Registered
4 Posts
yes, happens in my 2014 sfe - been happening for awhile (maybe years by now, certainly many many many months), no real pattern, but more proximate to operating the air system however heat and ac and fan all still work fine. stock crappy radio, no fancy electronics, etc. in my car. I just ignore it and it goes away after a minute or so. Some days it can be more annyoing. Once, I thought it would never stop and I would have to bite the bullet and get it fixed. Then it went back to being just annoying, so I live with it. There is another thread from a few years ago on the same topic but it devolved into a different discussion. I remember the resolution being a cheap part with an not-so-cheap labor bill.

·
Registered
4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had a clicking noise under my dash every time I started up a couple of years ago. I took down the glove box door and found that the recirculation door actuator (Motocraft part BE8Z19E616A) clicked for a bit then would stop until the next time.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Clicking sound in the radio goes out in about 5 Second intervals you can shut the car off and take the key out and it still continues until the information center goes dark. Seems very steady like a relay turning on and off. My daughter's 2011 SE. Good when car is cold but gets worse as it warms up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts