Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone experienced a slow clock on their Fiesta??

Mine lost 5 minutes in about 8 weeks!!!! :(

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
hmm... the other day I noticed mine was a minute off compared to my Casio atomic wristwatch.

·
Banned
1,063 Posts
Needs an adjustment which can be done via the Ford scan tool.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Needs an adjustment which can be done via the Ford scan tool.
No the scan tool is not a fix all and can not adjust the internal timing of the clock.
I have had my Fiesta for a month and a half now and it has lost 3 minutes compared to my cell phone and is 1 minute faster than my wrist watch. I reset both my watch and the car the day I took delivery by the cell phone clock.
I am not too worried about the loss of time it just means that I am that much younger and so is my car. :D

Besides the only true clock in the world is the atomic clock and it still has a margin of error even though it is very small. I think it is like 1 minute in 5 years or something small like that.

Beside like the old song says "Does anybody really know what time it is"

·
Banned
1,063 Posts
LMT I was under the impression that there WAS a value for the clock that involved loss/gain of time in the tool....

I know there is such a value in a couple of other mfrs scan tool settings ...

That being said I would also think that there is a adjustable pot mounted within the clock module as well. Correct?

·
Registered
984 Posts
I have never adjusted any clock timing in a Ford vehicle. The clock timing is set by the manufacturing in the quartz or microchip programing. All the clock that have a problem in the past all I have ever done is replaced it. Adjustment also aren't covered by warranty after 12 months and 12000 miles so I don't think any customer would be happy about having to pay for a clock adjustment if that was even available.

·
Banned
1,063 Posts
I have never adjusted any clock timing in a Ford vehicle. The clock timing is set by the manufacturing in the quartz or microchip programing. All the clock that have a problem in the past all I have ever done is replaced it. Adjustment also aren't covered by warranty after 12 months and 12000 miles so I don't think any customer would be happy about having to pay for a clock adjustment if that was even available.
Then you simply replace the clock module under warranty then? right?

·
Registered
1 Posts
My clock is running slow as well....i'll set it 2 minutes fast and within a couple weeks i am setting it again....i have a g-shock atomic watch i'm comparing it to

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
My clock is running slow as well....i'll set it 2 minutes fast and within a couple weeks i am setting it again....i have a g-shock atomic watch i'm comparing it to
Not necessarily ... they had to replace my Cluster Module (controls mileage and push button start feature) to help with this problem. I got a free loaner for 3 days.

First I had to turn in the car to the dealer, then the dealer had to call in the mileage of my car to Ford, then they had to build a new module with the up-to-date mileage in it and then ship it back to the dealer to install. That takes 2 days.

But I was special .... I was the first ginny pig and it took a 3rd day cause Ford instructions were wrong. When the dealer followed the fix instructions, the car totally locked up and would not start. The next day, a Ford Dearborn engineer came out to figure out what went wrong. He gave up and had many engineers come back in the afternoon. They had to use their computer to reset my car and then saw that the instructions were out of sync. I believe step 3 should have been step 1 ... so the car probably thought someone was trying to break into it and locked up the electrical system!!!!!

·
Registered
324 Posts
I'm glad I searched for this issue before starting a new thread. My wife mentioned today that her clock was slow on her Fiesta. I reset it to the cell phone clock at the end of October (daylight savings time "fall back") and the clock was about 4 minutes behind this morning. Not a big loss, but I had never heard of a digital clock with that kind of inaccuracy. Something else to add to my list of items to check at the 5000 mile dealer check.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I recently had to set mine up about 8 minutes. I don't remember how accurate I set it when I first got the car.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
It seems that since the dealer reflashed my cpu for tranny shifting issues, my clock keeps good time. Go figure.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I never changed my clock when I got it from the dealer... it was close enough

I just changed it today to the time on my phone (it was 3 minutes slow)

I guess ill just have to wait and see if it changes.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts