Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife tried to hang her jacket on the back coat hook ... but to her surprise there wasn't one!!!! :p

Would be nice to have just one!!!!!!

·
Registered
522 Posts
Yes I agree. I'll probably use one of those stickum things and hope for the best as I need a place to put my blazers

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
A lot of little things have been disappeared over the years, not just on the Fiesta. Under hood lights, even the old Neon had one. Glove box lights. Key lock on passager door. Inside door locks on the all the doors.

On the other hand the inside of my trunk is finished as good as a Caddy of not that long ago. Tons of standard stuff.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I raise one of the rear headrests and hook the close hangers around one of their posts. Works OK, but not as convenient as dedicated hooks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
This is my first post on the forum, and I hate that it's a negative one for such a fantastic little car -- but, the absence of hooks in the back seat area for hanging clothes is disappointing. The only justification I can think of is that such little hooks might well raise the risk of a head injury in a collision, particularly in a car with limited lateral space in the head area.

BTW, a great forum for a great car!

·
Registered
617 Posts
This is my first post on the forum, and I hate that it's a negative one for such a fantastic little car -- but, the absence of hooks in the back seat area for hanging clothes is disappointing. The only justification I can think of is that such little hooks might well raise the risk of a head injury in a collision, particularly in a car with limited lateral space in the head area.

BTW, a great forum for a great car!
I know in Hondas, for example, the coathooks are damped, and fold up into the headliner when not in use. Couldn't cost Ford THAT much to do something similar, could it? :confused:

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I know in Hondas, for example, the coathooks are damped, and fold up into the headliner when not in use. Couldn't cost Ford THAT much to do something similar, could it? :confused:
You have to remember that it is a B Size car and must compete with the competition in price.

After you add the parts and assembly costs, you are probably talking $1-2.

If you sell close to a million Fiesta's worldwide, that is $1-2 Mil lost revenue for just that one item!!!!!

Then if you say ... well the paddle shifters should be in that price and auto lights on and etc, etc, etc .... you have now added $100 dollars per car.

Now you are losing $100-200 Mil in revenue with a vehicle that doesn't make you a lot of profit on. So one has to be very careful with add-ons to keep the car competitive but profitable!!!!

·
Registered
617 Posts
You have to remember that it is a B Size car and must compete with the competition in price.

After you add the parts and assembly costs, you are probably talking $1-2.

If you sell close to a million Fiesta's worldwide, that is $1-2 Mil lost revenue for just that one item!!!!!

Then if you say ... well the paddle shifters should be in that price and auto lights on and etc, etc, etc .... you have now added $100 dollars per car.

Now you are losing $100-200 Mil in revenue with a vehicle that doesn't make you a lot of profit on. So one has to be very careful with add-ons to keep the car competitive but profitable!!!!
...But couldn't they just bump the price of the car a few $$ to cover the cost? Not many folks would notice $2-3 when the car itself costs $18,000 give or take...

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
...But couldn't they just bump the price of the car a few $$ to cover the cost? Not many folks would notice $2-3 when the car itself costs $18,000 give or take...
There are a lot of options for hooks at a hardware store. I can think of a lot of ways to hang something off the back of the front or rear seats. I'm sure you can come up with something yourself. I have the utmost confidence in you.;)

·
Registered
406 Posts
I know the Fiesta has side curtain airbags, and they must be mounted where a coat hook would normally be. In the event of a side impact, you wouldn't want the front of an exploding airbag to be brandishing a small skull-piercing hook, now would you?:eek:
Having said that, i would think that some type of hook could be placed somewhere around the top of a front seat, so that a garment would hang down the back. This would have the added benefit of not blocking visibility to the rear.

·
Registered
51 Posts
There are a lot of options for hooks at a hardware store. I can think of a lot of ways to hang something off the back of the front or rear seats. I'm sure you can come up with something yourself. I have the utmost confidence in you.;)
How about if you lift the headrest of the drivers seat and tie a shoelace around the 2 metal posts that extend the headrest

Then just hang a normal clothes hanger from the shoelace with the garment hanging behind the drivers seat?

I like the idea of a shoe lace or similar because you can fashion a small loop that will hold the tip of the clothes hanger in a sturdy manner

Advantages:

1) Costs less than a dollar
2) Wont permanently modify the car and lower its resale value (compared to putting screws into the ceiling)
3) Wont obstruct your view of the rear

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
add coat hooks for $1-$2 cost as you say ... bump base sticker $ by $5. $3 profit on each unit sold.

·
Registered
687 Posts
I wouldn't use the coat hooks myself, but I've driven my mom's truck when she had her clothes hanging from the driver's side and there was a definite blind spot right there because the clothes were in the way. Personally I think hanging clothes there is a safety risk. I check my side mirrors, but I always look behind me before merging or changing lanes because if your mirror was knocked out of place or adjusted wrong you can completely miss seeing a quite large vehicle completely in your blind spot.

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
Coat hooks - 1 on each side. Get one of those telescoping tube bars with loops on each end and hook them onto the hooks. You now have a hanging bar spanning the back seat area. Use outside mirror whenever the inside one may be blocked by stuff. This setup allows for things to hang properly if you are using a laundromat.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Or you could just lay it flat on the seat like a normal human being

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just hook it to the front passenger seat headrest post.

Speaking of cutting corners, I was surprised to find out the lack of seat back pocket on front driver seat

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
Really? Place a stack of say 9 or 10 shirts on hangers on the seat and pray they don't slide off onto the floor. Right. So long as you don't have to jam on the brakes for a dog that runs out in front of you or some arse that cuts you off.

For 1 or 2 maybe, but a week or more of hanging stuff will have a problem on the seats.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm going to figure it out and sell it on here haha! I too bought a clothes hanger thing the other day the ones that go in the back seat across the hangers and after I walked outside from Wal-Mart I attempted to install it? I had no idea there were no coat hangers haha! I was too stubborn to return it i'm going to make it work!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Bungie cord between the two front headrests and hang them from the bungie cord. Tada!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts