Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys, I recently purchased some Raceland coilovers. They still haven’t shipped; however before they get here I was hoping for some help. Never had a set of coilovers so this is new to me. What would be a good ride height for daily driving and spirited driving? But not enough of a drop to make me scrape. I live on a dirt road that isn’t maintained so I can’t slam it. And how much negative camber are you running? Functional camber! Not here for the stance but for the performance aspect. Thank you for the help!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
For reference I was going to go with the FRPP originally but it was on back order for 3 months and my OE setup is blown so I went with the entry level coilovers. This is the drop on the FRPP. Should I try to match that or is there a better ride height?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Good choice, excited for you to get them in! Whats great about coils is you can make those changes where as the FRPP is set. Id start with matching that, let it settle for a few days (ive heard suspension takes awhile to adjust and set) and go from there how much lower you want to go. Depending on how much performance vs aesthetic you want to go for, you can also consider spacers since youre running OEM sizes before touching camber.

Its always recommended, make 1 adjustment at a time versus many. You can dial in or adjust to taste that one thing before moving on to something else.

·
Registered
97 Posts
looks good! Next step might be some spacers or wider wheels? Get that fitment tight and itll look so good!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Spacers are a bit dicey, too many horror stories to cheap out. I know a few people recently active on here have been running h&r spacers that have additional lugs (i think theyre running 25mms). Im waiting to get a set of Bora 15mm for the front and 20mm for the rear for my stock SE wheels. Might even want to wait until you throw the Focus wheels on and measure for spacers then.

How do the new coils feel?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Spacers are a bit dicey, too many horror stories to cheap out. I know a few people recently active on here have been running h&r spacers that have additional lugs (i think theyre running 25mms). Im waiting to get a set of Bora 15mm for the front and 20mm for the rear for my stock SE wheels. Might even want to wait until you throw the Focus wheels on and measure for spacers then.

How do the new coils feel?
New coils feel amazing. The whole car feels completely different and I can’t get enough! Now I’m the ******* in my town banging gears 😂

·
Registered
97 Posts
New coils feel amazing. The whole car feels completely different and I can’t get enough! Now I’m the *** in my town banging gears 😂
Thats awesome, I can't wait to get new suspension going, how high did you set your coils to? Seeing that the suspension im getting works basically like coils for the max height. You remember your measurements or just eyeballed it with the stock and just subtracted how low you wanted to go?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thats awesome, I can't wait to get new suspension going, how high did you set your coils to? Seeing that the suspension im getting works basically like coils for the max height. You remember your measurements or just eyeballed it with the stock and just subtracted how low you wanted to go?
I adjusted once mounted. Dropped the vehicle about 1 3/4” and once they settle it might drop a little more. Kinda eyeballed it and used tape measure

1 - 11 of 11 Posts