Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2015 fiesta ecoboost and it has 99044 miles on it and I was driving it one night, it was already up to temp and then suddenly overheated, I pulled over to find my coolant low so i topped it up and the engine returned to normal temp, I started driving again and then noticed steam coming out of the exhaust. I pulled over and the coolant was gone so I got it towed to a shop and they found coolant in all three cylinders. The first shop it was at said it had a cracked block and the second shop said it was as blown head gasket and possible cracked head. I hope this is an isolated incident in the ecoboost history but has anyone had a cracked block where all cylinders are being flooded with coolant before if so do you know exactly what was the cause whether is was as cracked block in all cylinders or a blown head gasket on all three cylinders or just have you ever had coolant in all your cylinders

·
Registered
16 Posts
I own a 2015 fiesta ecoboost and it has 99044 miles on it and I was driving it one night, it was already up to temp and then suddenly overheated, I pulled over to find my coolant low so i topped it up and the engine returned to normal temp, I started driving again and then noticed steam coming out of the exhaust. I pulled over and the coolant was gone so I got it towed to a shop and they found coolant in all three cylinders. The first shop it was at said it had a cracked block and the second shop said it was as blown head gasket and possible cracked head. I hope this is an isolated incident in the ecoboost history but has anyone had a cracked block where all cylinders are being flooded with coolant before if so do you know exactly what was the cause whether is was as cracked block in all cylinders or a blown head gasket on all three cylinders or just have you ever had coolant in all your cylinders
That is exactly what happened to mine. I replaced the head gasket only to run it again and have the exact same thing happen. Wound up buying a salvage engine and using that instead. I still don’t know what caused it. Engines are hard to find, had to import mine from Canada. Let me know if you find the problem

1 - 2 of 2 Posts