Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put dashmats on all my cars, since I live in an oven set on bake. When they fit, they're pretty much an install and leave it type of protection. However, I'm having a hell of a time finding one for the Fiesta. Car covers? No problem, but dash mats? Can't find any. Anyone know a source worth checking out? I've already tried Calif Car covers, Dash Mat, Autosport, Big Sky car covers, JC whitney and some others and they all come up with zip....

·
Registered
6,416 Posts
Local seamstress?

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
I put dashmats on all my cars, since I live in an oven set on bake. When they fit, they're pretty much an install and leave it type of protection. However, I'm having a hell of a time finding one for the Fiesta. Car covers? No problem, but dash mats? Can't find any. Anyone know a source worth checking out? I've already tried Calif Car covers, Dash Mat, Autosport, Big Sky car covers, JC whitney and some others and they all come up with zip....
Maybe it's a little early to be looking for something like that. Give it a year. Manufacturers want to see how popular a car is before investing too much in aftermarket stuff.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
FYI, Dashmat company responded to me same day I asked the question. They have a prototype in work and claim it will be available later in August. Not bad, I'm impressed with their followup.....

·
Registered
102 Posts
Does anyone have any idea how much one of these dash mats
would cut down on the Fiesta's considerable "dash reflection in
the windshield" annoyance?
If it just cut down on this reflection alone, it would be worth it
for me to buy.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Does anyone have any idea how much one of these dash mats
would cut down on the Fiesta's considerable "dash reflection in
the windshield" annoyance?
If it just cut down on this reflection alone, it would be worth it
for me to buy.
Your second best solution for the reflection problem is to wear polarized sun glasses. The best solution is probably to paint the dash flat black :D

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow. Has anyone considered one of the most difficult things on a car to replace that on many cars (Contours do if I recall correctly, so do Land Rovers) goes bad first? The dash. I put dash mats on my cars to prevent them going to seed, so to speak.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Wow. Has anyone considered one of the most difficult things on a car to replace that on many cars (Contours do if I recall correctly, so do Land Rovers) goes bad first? The dash. I put dash mats on my cars to prevent them going to seed, so to speak.
Car manufacturers use very UV stable plastics now that don't disintegrate like dashboards of the past.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Will they interfere with the passagger airbag?

I'll just wait until my dash is faded and cracked, then cover it up.

·
Registered
340 Posts
There's just so much you can do....

...enjoy your car, take whatever necessary precautions seem prudent (and easy) to protect your babe, but stop short of the "Grandma's plastic seat cover' look here! It's a CAR, with time, it has to develop *stuff*, and when that *stuff* interferes with your ability to use or enjoy the car, you get a new one!

Modern technology really does mean longevity.....you'll probably either tire of the car, or wear it out before the dash cracks to oblivion anyways...

·
Registered
1,915 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
I actually considered getting a dash mat.

But not being able to feel the material leaves me completely unable to hit a buy button.

Then I have the whole color issue...

·
Registered
142 Posts
There was a guy here like a week ago fitting DashMats for the new Edge. I wonder if he would be one to talk to.

Have you gotten your hands on one yet Rodewaryer?

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
There was a guy here like a week ago fitting DashMats for the new Edge. I wonder if he would be one to talk to.

Have you gotten your hands on one yet Rodewaryer?
Nope, been watching the sites for better floormats too. I guess the dashmats are just becoming available. I've also been a little distracted shopping for everyone else for the holidays too. I'll get back to my needs soon enough. :)

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I have always had dash mats for sun protection in my cars.
I would buy one from ZetaProducts for my Fiesta and my Wife’s Fit but I don’t know what texture to chose. It is hard to shop online for this kind of product.

Dave

·
Registered
882 Posts
I've never bought a dash mat. I've always used one of those reflectors to cover the dash when the car is parked in the sun. Do you stick the mats to the dash? I see there are velcro tabs and I assume they leave a glue residue that would have to be removed.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts