Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone familiar with this feature. I am wondering if this is only for the DCT or does the manual engined version have the same programming. I usually coast in neutral to a stop. But perhaps I should be be allowing the deceleration fuel shut-off to work and coast in 5th gear until too slow to keep motor running. Any insight??

·
Registered
554 Posts
If I believe the ScanGauge, coasting in gear (manual) does not completely shut off the fuel injection, unlike in a previous car that I had (where the ScanGauge would show 9999MPG and 0.0GPH when coasting in gear, but would change to some other MPG and whatever idle GPH was after pressing in the clutch or the RPM slows to idle RPM). On the Fiesta, coasting in gear appears to give the same 0.2GPH reading as idle or coasting with the clutch pressed.

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
I keep wondering if that system is partly to blame for the hard time I am having while downshifting, revmatching, and braking while revmatching. The car seems to act funny at lower RPM's while slowing down. Perhaps the computer can't figure out why I am reving the engine, braking, and slowing down all at the same time. It does it, but it seems to have throttle lag below 2000 RPM. My thought is that the fuel pressure is being cut causing there to be not enough fuel to spool the engine up for a good rev match at lower speeds. With the manual gear ratio's, it requires a lot of revs to match 3rd gear to 2nd while braking.

·
Registered
947 Posts
DFCO is incorporated in all modern FI engines, mostly for emissions reasons. But the Fiesta does seem to act a bit differently than all the other vehicles I've driven. DFCO still occurs, but not when I'm accustomed to or when I'm expecting it to happen. I have no explainations, only observations.

·
Banned
528 Posts
Could the TiVct have anything to do with it?

DFCO is incorporated in all modern FI engines, mostly for emissions reasons. But the Fiesta does seem to act a bit differently than all the other vehicles I've driven. DFCO still occurs, but not when I'm accustomed to or when I'm expecting it to happen. I have no explainations, only observations.
If you have watched the video:

YouTube - Ford 1.6L Duratec with Ti-VCT engine

Could it be the lag is the TiVct Oil Pressure solenoid engaging/disengaging that could cause the lag? I have noticed some strange lag accelerating almost like the engine cuts out for a milisecond and then resumes power. Just curious if there is a link.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts