Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tonight I found ,on accident, a delayed exit lamp feature on my SES hatch with pushbutton start. I accidently pulled the high beam switch stalk after turning the car off and locking the doors and the headlamps and all the exterior lamps stayed on for about 30 seconds. I don't know if this works on other models but thought I would just let everyone know because it can come in handy sometimes.
I don't remeber seeing this in the owners manual but then again I uess I could have missed it.

P.S. I have exactly 2000 miles on my car now when I found this.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Tonight I found ,on accident, a delayed exit lamp feature on my SES hatch with pushbutton start. I accidently pulled the high beam switch stalk after turning the car off and locking the doors and the headlamps and all the exterior lamps stayed on for about 30 seconds. I don't know if this works on other models but thought I would just let everyone know because it can come in handy sometimes.
I don't remeber seeing this in the owners manual but then again I uess I could have missed it.

Mine is an SE, no pushbutton start. Found out by accident too. Also strange is you can not turn on the headlights when the key isn't on. Also the power steering still works for several seconds after engine is off and key is out. But not always.

Finding things all the time.

·
Registered
375 Posts
This feature is described in the owner's manual (at least in the second revision of the manual).

Even though I don't have my Fiesta yet I've downloaded and read the entire manual already. I know...I need to get a life. :D

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mine is an SE, no pushbutton start. Found out by accident too. Also strange is you can not turn on the headlights when the key isn't on. Also the power steering still works for several seconds after engine is off and key is out. But not always.

Finding things all the time.
You should share stuff you find if other people haven't. I haven't tried the power steering after the car is off. How did you find that.
I did notice that you couldn't turn the headlamps on with the key off and also noticed that they turn off when the ignition is turned off but I think that is so people don't accidently kill the battery. I haven't tried it yet but I would bet that even if you left the headlamp switch on that even the parking lights would shut off with the battery saver relay after about 30 minutes.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Maybe it's like a video game where you can unlock new features after you go a certain number of miles. Let us know if you get a turbo charger at 20,000. ;)

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Maybe it's like a video game where you can unlock new features after you go a certain number of miles. Let us know if you get a turbo charger at 20,000. ;)
LOL. At the current rate that would be about 15 months. I think that might be possible.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Haven't read the manual about this, but I kinda doubt the parking lights would go off after 30 mins. They wouldn't be parking lights if they did, would they?

I do find it unusual that you can't turn on the headlights unless the power/ignition is on. Also, I don't think the interior lights can be turned on except by manually pushing the maplight button. I recently wanted to check if I had remembered to load something that would have been on my back seat. The only way to illuminate the back seat (unless the manual proves me wrong) was to stop the car and shut off the motor. Remember when twisting the pull-push headlight knob turned on the lone inside dome lamp?

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
This feature is described in the owner's manual (at least in the second revision of the manual).

Even though I don't have my Fiesta yet I've downloaded and read the entire manual already. I know...I need to get a life. :D
You have a life, Ford Fiesta's.

You just need to get a Ford Fiesta!

·
Registered
57 Posts
lighting up the interior

Also, I don't think the interior lights can be turned on except by manually pushing the maplight button. I recently wanted to check if I had remembered to load something that would have been on my back seat. The only way to illuminate the back seat (unless the manual proves me wrong) was to stop the car and shut off the motor. Remember when twisting the pull-push headlight knob turned on the lone inside dome lamp?
the Interior lights can be turned on by hitting the unlock button in the center console once you have stopped the car! I do it all the time, when my wife drops something! Also the parking lights don't turn off once you lock and leave the car for a while, i know this because i left the head lights on and came back out an hour later and yep still on!
Hope that helps!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts