Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
I am going to take that little bit of news as hopeful....thanks for sharing it Tink;)

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll believe it when I see my car moving again.
I know how you feel. I'll believe it when I actually see it in my driveway. I'm just trying to keep a positive attitude.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I just came from my dealer. Our car was listed on ramp 2E in Baltimore when it first arrived, then was transferred for inspection, and has since been transferred back to ramp 2E, with a status of 'available for pickup.' Presumably this means that all inspections are done, and it is ready to be picked up. The hopeful side of me is trying to think good thoughts. Once it gets on a train in Baltimore, it could be in my driveway in about a week. That is IF FoMoCo doesn't put another hold on it in Chicago, or send bandits on horseback to rob the train.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I just came from my dealer. Our car was listed on ramp 2E in Baltimore when it first arrived, then was transferred for inspection, and has since been transferred back to ramp 2E, with a status of 'available for pickup.'
Is that from Vehicle Visibility Report?

·
Registered
324 Posts
Is that from Vehicle Visibility Report?
Yes, that info is on the VVR. Ask the salesman to pull it up while you are present and all of this info is on the screen. My salesman will even print it if I wish. I don't bother with that because it changes daily (if things are going as they should).

·
Banned
528 Posts
Inspections/mileage

Yes, that info is on the VVR. Ask the salesman to pull it up while you are present and all of this info is on the screen. My salesman will even print it if I wish. I don't bother with that because it changes daily (if things are going as they should).
It will be interesting to see how many miles are on these cars when they arrive at the dealerships....

·
Registered
32,429 Posts
It will be interesting to see how many miles are on these cars when they arrive at the dealerships....
I don't know what normally constitutes as 'delivery miles'. Maybe someone that has dealership experience can chime in.

·
Banned
1,063 Posts
Actually it could be as high as several hundred miles depending on the mfr, although I think there is a legal limit by US law....this is allowed for many reasons for having a driver deliver the car to dealer in a distant dealer trade, rectifiying issues before sale, customer test drives, ect...

Personally, I would only want a vehicle that had less than 100 miles on it.

·
Registered
175 Posts

I can understand there will be some mileage on the cars if they need to move them from a holding area to inspection and of course movement on and off a means of transportation but why would you think there would be anything more than that?

·
Registered
984 Posts
Mine had 5 miles on it which when doing PDI's at the shop the normal off the transport trucks are 3 to 9 miles. If the PDI is done correctly then a roadtest of 2 ro 4 miles is done on top of that.
There are exceptions because some vehicles are taken off the line by the manufacturer and taken for extended roadtest and testing but if this is done then there is an additional sticker that states this and how many miles it was tested.
The mileage can also vary depending on how long the car has been sitting on the lot and how many times the vehicle has been taken out for a roadtest by potential buyers.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Mine had 5 miles on it which when doing PDI's at the shop the normal off the transport trucks are 3 to 9 miles. If the PDI is done correctly then a roadtest of 2 ro 4 miles is done on top of that.
There are exceptions because some vehicles are taken off the line by the manufacturer and taken for extended roadtest and testing but if this is done then there is an additional sticker that states this and how many miles it was tested.
The mileage can also vary depending on how long the car has been sitting on the lot and how many times the vehicle has been taken out for a roadtest by potential buyers.

LM would it be fair to think that if my car was never sitting on a dealer lot for availability as a test driveable car that I shouldn't really expect a lot of miles? I know that the warranty starts from mileage at time of acceptance but wouldn't the value of the car be deminished if there were 100 miles or more on it due to test drives and road tests at the factory, etc? I've never purchased a car new that had anything more than a few miles on it so not sure. Just curious if the dealer would accept a lower offer on a car that had been test driven and had a few hundred miles on it.

·
Registered
984 Posts
LM would it be fair to think that if my car was never sitting on a dealer lot for availability as a test driveable car that I shouldn't really expect a lot of miles? I know that the warranty starts from mileage at time of acceptance but wouldn't the value of the car be deminished if there were 100 miles or more on it due to test drives and road tests at the factory, etc? I've never purchased a car new that had anything more than a few miles on it so not sure. Just curious if the dealer would accept a lower offer on a car that had been test driven and had a few hundred miles on it.
I highly doubt that any car sitting on the lot would have more than a hundred miles on it just from roadtest. If it did then they would probably already have it discounted because obviously with that many roadtest on it and no one buying it then they would want to get rid of it and get it off their lot.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts