Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have a mk7 fiesta econetic 2010 and have had some strange goings on with my radio over quite a long period of time until recently it has ceased to work at all!

Originally sometimes the controls on the steering wheel would/would not work then sometimes the controls for the radio on the radio panel itself would/would not work.... On rare occasions sometimes neither would work!!!

So I figured disconnecting and reconnecting the battery might help reset any gremlins in the system..... Unfortunately it didn't work and the radio just does not turn on at all and the multifunction display just shows the date and time.

Figuring the radio was broken I removed the front panel and took the stereo unit and replaced it but the problem persists.

I have since noticed that the radio/phone controls (The front panel with the volume control knob and buttons to choose audio output etc) in the centre console do not light up when the lights are on which I believe they did previously which perhaps indicates this panel isn't getting any power........ I've checked fuses and they are fine.... Just wondering if anyone has had similar problems and could advise? I am guessing now a new front radio/phone control panel might fix the issue but bit dubious about purchasing anything else as don't want to keep wasting money guessing.

Thanks in advance

Matt

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all,

I have a mk7 fiesta econetic 2010 and have had some strange goings on with my radio over quite a long period of time until recently it has ceased to work at all!

Originally sometimes the controls on the steering wheel would/would not work then sometimes the controls for the radio on the radio panel itself would/would not work.... On rare occasions sometimes neither would work!!!

So I figured disconnecting and reconnecting the battery might help reset any gremlins in the system..... Unfortunately it didn't work and the radio just does not turn on at all and the multifunction display just shows the date and time.

Figuring the radio was broken I removed the front panel and took the stereo unit and replaced it but the problem persists.

I have since noticed that the radio/phone controls (The front panel with the volume control knob and buttons to choose audio output etc) in the centre console do not light up when the lights are on which I believe they did previously which perhaps indicates this panel isn't getting any power........ I've checked fuses and they are fine.... Just wondering if anyone has had similar problems and could advise? I am guessing now a new front radio/phone control panel might fix the issue but bit dubious about purchasing anything else as don't want to keep wasting money guessing.

Thanks in advance

Matt
Hi Matt, did you find the cause and can you share? I experience a similar problem. My radio was working, then the panel stopped responding accept for the alarm light and door unlock (they still work). when I unplugged battery the radio also doesnt come back anymore.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts