Fiesta Faction banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
947 Posts
The Posi-locks work OK if you need the 90° branch. I've had good luck with the crimp splices, also. I always wrap them tightly with tape to insure that they are weather-proof and to prevent any wiggling which can damage the conductor at the site of the splice. Never let a crimp splice hang loose.

·
Registered
19 Posts
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I have bought a pair of the illuminated stills. I have routed the wires, and attached the sills. Now the hard part. I have reviewed the instructions, and it shows cutting two wires, and installing a crimp splice."

I'm in the market for the illuminated sill plates, however I don't know which wires I am looking for. Could anybody who has the instructions post them, or at least tell which wires and where they are located at ? I have searched the web for a wiring diagram and they are not available yet. I was also considering putting some small LED strips under the dash above the footwells. Anybody tried this?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Ford Accessory Illuminated Door Sill Plate Installation Instructions

Technical Specifications

On the menu picks:
Installation Instructions, then
Interior, then
Trim

Hopefully, this gets you what you need!
And, I hope the look as good as the pictures I've seen.

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
I have the illuminated door sills ... nice but on the rather expensive side!!!!:p
can you please take a pic of these, My local dealer "forgot" to install my Dealer installed Illumination Kit (a $400 add-on) claiming that it was on backorder from Ford. I think they were trying to pull a fast one because my car has the Sirius and Illumination Package..

Im curious to see this Kit

·
Registered
305 Posts

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
The illuminated stills only took about 30 minuets to install.
The hard part was not making the wire connections.
It was getting into the position to do so.

Dave

·
Registered
169 Posts
When I was discussing aftermarket mods with the parts manager at my dealership, I said I want to do the illumination sills, and do the interior trim kit.

Both of those together equalled out to be over $500. WTF :eek:

·
Registered
91 Posts
she needs it in the rear!

my 5 year old always steps on the plastic sills of the rear doors. I may just make my own.

·
Registered
38 Posts
The illuminated stills only took about 30 minuets to install.
The hard part was not making the wire connections.
It was getting into the position to do so.

Dave
30 minutes!!!...you did not count every minutes!!!
make this an hour and a half folks...

·
Registered
266 Posts
These really look great and the non-illuminated look good as well, how much is it again for installation at the dealer? I'm not handy with tools, nor do I own any. Is the sill material easily scratched?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
No scratches so far on our non-illuminated set. Installation doesn't require any tools; just some care. Make sure the painted sill is clean and dry. "Dry" fit them so you have an idea where you want them to go, both fore-aft and inboard-outboard. About the only way I can see that you could cause yourself a problem is if you got them too far out, and the outer lip contacted the door. I marked where I wanted each one in the front with a small strip of tape, then angled the sill piece up, contacted the car with the back of the "lip," then pivoted the sill down onto the car sill.

The lighted ones? Beats me. ;)

·
Registered
202 Posts
Thanks for the install tips.

I ordered the non-illuminated as they were cheaper and seemed to actually cover the area that might get scuffed whereas the illuminated ones are cool they seemed to mostly sit on top the jam and also looked kinda thick. If there was a pocket for them to fit into they would have been more attractive to me, especially if they were combined with a thinner more wraparound and protective plate like the non illuminated cover.....I'll probably miss the bling of the illumination but the plain ones look nice and shiny!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Illuminated Sills -- Has Anyone Installed

I have bought a pair of the illuminated stills. I have routed the wires, and attached the sills. Now the hard part. I have reviewed the instructions, and it shows cutting two wires, and installing a crimp splice.

Has anyone made the cut? I am afraid of the crimp splices, never had great long term luck, and I do not want to ruin the factory wire harness. Appreciate your comments.

Hank4647

Candy Red SES
Just bought illuminated sill plates with Fiesta logo from Genuine Ford Door Sill Plates - Illuminated, Fiesta Logo - DE8Z-54132A08-B | Levittown Ford. We have the same risk, afraid of ruining the factory wire harness. If you are uncertain on your DIY skills, maybe you need to call a mechanic friend like what I did.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts