Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, recently picked up a 2011 lime squeeze green fiesta with 40k miles on it, everything seems to work great except the drivers side window, you press the button to go down and it goes down a couple of inches then stops, you have to then release the button and re-press it and it takes about 4 presses of the button to go down all the way and 8 to go up all the way.

I have tried doing the reset of the window by opening it, releasing the button, holding it down for another 5 seconds, roll up and repeat a couple of times.

Anyone else experience this issue?

·
Registered
234 Posts
You may need a new window regulator. (motor with the belt that moves the plate gripping the window up and down) About every car my parents have owned that is over 10 years old we have had to replace a window regulator in some or all the windows because the window would fail to go up or down at some point. It's was such a pain to have to disassemble the door and then blow money on buying a new regulator that when I bought my Fiesta, I opted for the old-school crank windows! Less to go wrong.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Hello everyone, recently picked up a 2011 lime squeeze green fiesta with 40k miles on it...
Hey tydock88,

Welcome to the forum!
Have you been to your dealer to have this concern diagnosed? Keep me updated on this concern so I can see how to best assist.

Meagan

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey tydock88,

Welcome to the forum!
Have you been to your dealer to have this concern diagnosed? Keep me updated on this concern so I can see how to best assist.

Meagan
Hello Meagen,

I took it in for the airbag recall and to get the transmission reprogrammed (shifts much smoother now :)) last week and showed them the window, they thought it only needed a reprogramming..and they would charge me $50 to do that since it is out of the 36k mile warranty, although this dealer typically only sells and services ford trucks (spanish fork utah) and don't see many fiestas.

Window regulator replacement might be the way to go on this, it is $40 on rockauto.com...unless there is another way to "reprogram the window" other than rolling it up and down and holding the button a few times.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
...Window regulator replacement might be the way to go on this, it is $40 on rockauto.com...unless there is another way to "reprogram the window" other than rolling it up and down and holding the button a few times.

Thanks
I’m not a service technician, so I am unable to diagnose or offer specific advice like this, your dealer will be best apt to do so. However, I can gladly escalate this to your customer service manager who’ll work with your dealer for a resolution. Just send me a pm with your VIN, current mileage, dealer name/location, your best daytime phone number, and your full name.

Meagan

·
Registered
508 Posts
My guess is that the window rubber channel needs replacing or that something got caught in the channel and is fowling it. There are many other possible causes as well but a number of us has had to have the window rubber replaced on one side or the other.

·
Registered
210 Posts
^^This. Wasn't there a thread or two on this around here somewhere?

·
Registered
489 Posts
Yep. It's the window channel. I have the same issue on my Fiesta. Already had the passenger side fixed. Taking it back to do the driver's side next. Been an overall nice car, but it's had its share of a few of these otherwise minor issues.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Yep. It's the window channel. I have the same issue on my Fiesta. Already had the passenger side fixed. Taking it back to do the driver's side next. Been an overall nice car, but it's had its share of a few of these otherwise minor issues.
Hi ousfans,

I'd be happy to take a look into this for you. Shoot me a PM with your VIN, mileage, dealer name/location, your best daytime phone number, and your full name so I can see how to best assist.

Meagan

·
Registered
1 Posts
My fiestas window worked normally until I took it to a ford dealer to repair some front end body damage. (They didnt touch the door or anything electrical except maybe to disconnect the battery)
Since I got it back the drivers side window does the same thing. Goes down a little bit then you have to release the switch and do It again. I tried the window down, hold 5 seconds - all the way up and hold for 5 seconds. Now the window rolls a little bit and I have to wait almost a minute before it will move again.
HELP

1 - 10 of 10 Posts