Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
I'm a new member here , I'm Ahmad from Egypt and I'm honored to be one of you guys :)
I have a 2019 fiesta (mk8 - the European version) with the little beast Ecoboost 1.0 99hp, current mileage is only 550 km.
as you can see its still new , but I have noticed this strange ticking issue that i'd like to discuss and hear your opinions about.
At Idle, you can hear clearly the injector ticking sound, which is normal, but I have noticed that sometimes at idle this ticking is not continuous, I mean you can here the injectors ticking for 2 seconds and then stop ticking for 1 second, then again ticking for two seconds and then off for 1 second, and so on, on regular basis, I mean its not random, it can behave like this for a minute or two , and then ticking is back again continuous, this happens weather the engine is cold or warmed up, and I don't notice any rpm fluctuation or so , its steady there, which makes me think its an ECU command !! so do you have any idea why is this happening, and how the injectors stop injecting for a second or so and the engine continue to operate normally !! is it a malfunction or just a normal operation ? thank you very much for considering.

·
Super Moderator
1,260 Posts
Hello and welcome aboard. My 1.0 has done the same since new. It is pronounced during open loop mode / warm up. It’s normal and nothing to worry about. I have 68k miles on mine driven responsibly aggressive lol

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello and welcome aboard. My 1.0 has done the same since new. It is pronounced during open loop mode / warm up. It’s normal and nothing to worry about. I have 68k miles on mine driven responsibly aggressive lol
thank you very much for the quick reply, now I can rest assured its normal, really thank you :) :)

now I have another issue to discuss but i'm not sure i'm in the right place or I have to make a new post, I have noticed that at low speed when I decelerate ( lift my foot off the gas pedal ) I can hear a whining sound ( very soft and can hardly hear it if passing by a barrier or so - a parked car ) I don't know if its from the engine or the transmission or something else - my transmission is 6 speed auto transmission ( torque converter ) this happens at slow speed and while deceleration, I need help regarding that issue also !! :) :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts