Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Ford Fiesta SE
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys! New Member with a slight problem here!

Today I installed a K&N cone air filter on my 2011 SE Hatch (automatic trans don't think it matters but just in case). What I did is simply remove the top half of the air box and connected a MAF sensor adapter pipe to the factory hose that leads to the throttle body, and the cone air filter to the other end of the pipe. The engine started right up and had a little bit of flutter in RPMs but drove and idled like normal, however, the check engine light came on after a few minutes of test driving. I have one of the FIXD diagnostic devices and when checked it read 2 codes, one for an air leak and the other being P0101 (which said that the amount of air entering the system was outside of the manufacturer's specified range) . I cleared both and drove the car for about 20 min, then parked it for a bit and came back to check again, no problems running or idling but the P0101 code came back. My next idea was to disconnect the negative battery connection for about 45 min, in an attempt to reset the ECU. However, when I checked back again the light came back on after 5 min of driving and it gave the exact same code. Has anyone else done a similar modification, if so did you also get this engine code? I'm assuming that I will have to get a tune done, unless the ECU will automatically adjust the levels. If anyone has any idea of it being something else like a bad MAF sensor or something I did wrong with the install itself I would greatly appreciate the help!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts