Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I have a 2011 Fiesta with a Manual transmission and Ford Performance Exhaust. While driving every once in a while I get a "Engine Malfunction" error an I feel the performance drop significantly and go into "limp home mode". After I power off the car the error goes away and performance is back to normal. I used to have an injen intake on the car which I thought was causing the problem. I replaced it back with the stock air box.Has any one had the same problem before? I tried cleaning the MAF Mass airflow Sensor with MAF sensor spray cleaner and thisdid not help. Any ideas? It would be really appreciated. Thank you!

·
Registered
654 Posts
Did you try running any codes and see what comes up? It certainly does seem strange that it would go away after a power cycle.

·
Registered
4,873 Posts
Right, the codes are help to locate the problem.
Blindly trying things is futile.

In all of the cars I have owned I have never found it necc. to clean the MAF.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Right, the codes are help to locate the problem.
Blindly trying things is futile.

In all of the cars I have owned I have never found it necc. to clean the MAF.
But he was running a CAI, and probably with an oiled filter - oil gets on MAF - dirt clings to MAF - malfunction.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have the same problem with my 2012 SE Manual; CEL followed by limp home mode. When I restarted the car it would clear and sometimes come back a few minutes or not for several days (normally the hotter it was outside the more likely I'd get the fault). Previously, when it was under warranty, Ford replaced the throttle sensor but the problem came back shortly after the warranty expired. When I ran the codes my OBD II wouldn't find anything. Now it, my obd II, tells me "no link." Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
Not all codes remain as I found out with the throttle position sensor that went bad on my '12.

TomChiTown - if possible get any codes read while the car is still exhibiting the trouble light if they are not present otherwise. That may tell you better what the problem is.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Engoine Codes

Hi All! Thanks for your responses! Sorry for taking awhile to write back. But I couldn't get the codes because they always cleared themselves. But I was able to get them now. here they are below:

P00054:00-E8
P2279:00-64
P0456:00-68
P0068:00-68

I have 20111.6 Manual tranamission.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
You have an intake air leak.
A leak in the EVAP-slight.
Not sure what MAF sensor and throttle correlation means.
Maf correlation means a disparity exists between the computer's sensors as to the volume of air entering the intake manifold. An intake leak or a faulty sensor would cause this code.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Hi All! Thanks for your responses! Sorry for taking awhile to write back. But I couldn't get the codes because they always cleared themselves. But I was able to get them now. here they are below:

P00054:00-E8
P2279:00-64
P0456:00-68
P0068:00-68

I have 20111.6 Manual tranamission.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
Thanks in advance!!
Hi TomChiTown,

Have you had a chance to visit your dealer? Please let me know, along with your mileage, and I'll check out some options.

Meagan

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the replies!!!

@Meagan - I have 63,000 miles on it. No i didn't get a chance to as the codes clear themselves. And I never get a chance to catch it with the check engine light on. Very frustrating. And help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Tom

·
Registered
42 Posts
I am interested in what you found out. My car has done the same thing. Unfortunately, the error has only happened with my wife driving, so I have not been able to get codes.

Curt Rosenstengel
'11 Fiesta SES

·
Registered
5 Posts
As I posted previously, I had a problem with the same symptoms but I could never pull any codes, I would get an engine malfunction indication that would reset when i restarted the car. It too seemed to happen more often when it was hot outside. The dealer pulled code B1029 and conducted a TSB for rewiring the accelerator position sensor. I don't recall the TSB # off-hand but it appears to have fixed the problem at a cost of $300.

Andy
'12 Fiesta SE

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
I am interested in what you found out. My car has done the same thing. Unfortunately, the error has only happened with my wife driving, so I have not been able to get codes.

Curt Rosenstengel
'11 Fiesta SES
I recommend heading to the closest Ford Dealer when the error happens; they'll be able to pull the codes. Once you do, please keep me in the loop on this.

Meagan

·
Registered
45 Posts
I had this issue with my 2013 and it turned out to be the TPS in the throttle body. Replaced the throttle body and the problem went away. But only after being cleared by a computer. Had a mechanic friend help me with that one. If the deep computer code stays in there it will come back. Got the throttle body straight from the manufacturer and it was $79 bucks. But worked wonders.

Here it is on Amazon(Even cheaper now damn):
https://www.amazon.com/Bosch-Original-Equipment-0280750535-Throttle/dp/B0117FQDJ8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1516620478&sr=8-1&keywords=Bosch+0280750535+Throttle+Body

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Everyone,

I have a 2011 Fiesta with a Manual transmission and Ford Performance Exhaust. While driving every once in a while I get a "Engine Malfunction" error an I feel the performance drop significantly and go into "limp home mode". After I power off the car the error goes away and performance is back to normal. I used to have an injen intake on the car which I thought was causing the problem. I replaced it back with the stock air box.Has any one had the same problem before? I tried cleaning the MAF Mass airflow Sensor with MAF sensor spray cleaner and thisdid not help. Any ideas? It would be really appreciated. Thank you!
ENGINE is how you spell it bro

1 - 20 of 21 Posts