Fiesta Faction banner

61 - 80 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
They should do the wiring seeing as how they keep it this bloody long! I doen;t take but about 30-45 minutes plus wait time! Do they need a swift kick in the pants to move or what? If they weren't gonna do the work they should allow you to take your car since key off/on resets the damn light.

With Raynor, they determined what it was on one day (I think evening of Oct 1st) and it was scheduled and done on Oct 4th.

I truly believe that the tech that is working on my car has no clue what he is doing. I expressed to the service writer how unsatisfied I am with them at this point. Sometimes you have to throw a fit to get what you need. The squeaky wheel gets the oil.

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
I believe the TSB has explicit instructions on the repair. TBH, Koerner was one dealership I was warned away from when I was figuring out where I could get best sales and service. There are 5 within about 50 miles of me and that was the only one I was told "don't do it!" about - by Ford owners and folks who knew Ford owners that had gone there.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I believe the TSB has explicit instructions on the repair. TBH, Koerner was one dealership I was warned away from when I was figuring out where I could get best sales and service. There are 5 within about 50 miles of me and that was the only one I was told "don't do it!" about - by Ford owners and folks who knew Ford owners that had gone there.
I wish I had time to do research on what dealership I should of gone to. My last vehicle broke down and I had to get a new one asap, maybe I will start going to a different Ford dealership for service.

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
Myself and others have recommended that to folks with apparent service issues. In our area are Burdick (Central Square - by I-81 on rte 49), F. X. Caprara (Pulaski), Koerner, Raynor (Fulton) and Summit (Auburn). You're closer to Summit or Burdick than I am I think ... and there is absolutely no harm in seeing if they can do better than you're getting now.

Think about it and see if anyone you know can recommend one of these over the others. <shrug>

·
Registered
56 Posts
I am officially done with Koerner, I haven't heard from them all day regarding my car they've had since monday so I called around 4:45. They said they are still working on it. Thankfully I have a loaner car but really two flipping days to diagnose and fix a car?!

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
Drop a PM to Ford Customer Service here ... your contact info, VIN of the car, issue, etc.

I'm willing to bet they can shake the tree and get those clowns to moving. Seriously ... take it "upstairs". It's what they are here for.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
I am officially done with Koerner, I haven't heard from them all day regarding my car they've had since monday so I called around 4:45. They said they are still working on it. Thankfully I have a loaner car but really two flipping days to diagnose and fix a car?!
Hi ERUHCK,

Shoot me a private message with your VIN, mileage, best daytime phone number, full name, and dealer name/location so I can look into this.

Drop a PM to Ford Customer Service here ... your contact info, VIN of the car, issue, etc.

I'm willing to bet they can shake the tree and get those clowns to moving. Seriously ... take it "upstairs". It's what they are here for.
Thanks, Cobra!

Meagan

·
Registered
151 Posts
I took the car into service
No fault found
I'll have to drop in with the wrench light on
Finally got the light on while near the dealer during the day and they were able to retrieve the DTC codes

TSB 13-11-15 performed

Hope it is fixed now

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey all, I just got the dreaded wrench for the first time this evening...

I've already got an appointment with my Ford dealer early tomorrow morning to see if they can find out what the trouble is.

I only drove it for a minute after the light came on (I was taking the trash to my apartments compactor :p ) so I'm unsure if there was any performance loss or not.

I've been very happy with the service at my dealer so far, so I don't expect any problems but I will keep everyone updated as this progresses.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Wifes 13' SE had the dreaded wrench come on, as we were leaving our local Ford Dealership earlier today after getting my 14 ST 20,000 mile service completed. I had talked to the wife about picking up a 14 ST neon green that was sitting on the showroom and the dreaded wrench was a sign...:D Happened about a mile from the dealership, but she turned off the engine when she arrived....didn't even think to tell her to leave it running. Wifes car is right at 21,000 miles and the first issue since bought new.

·
Super Moderator
1,254 Posts
Wifes 13' SE had the dreaded wrench come on, as we were leaving our local Ford Dealership earlier today after getting my 14 ST 20,000 mile service completed.
You have 20k miles on your ST?!?! And I thought I drove a lot of miles per year...

·
Registered
5 Posts
You have 20k miles on your ST?!?! And I thought I drove a lot of miles per year...

23,200+ miles, a bit over for my 20,000 service. Bought new on Oct. 31 last year. I do quite a bit of commuting from Central FL to Western NC and I enjoy the back roads and twisty stuff versus the interstate. The ST is a twisty road smile inducing cornering machine....Ford hit this one out of the ball park as far as I'm concerned.

the wifes 13 SE dreaded wrench light was the TSB pertaining to the wiring issue and replaced. Kudos to Ken Wilson Ford in Canton NC, they were great.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just had my first "Engine Malfunction - Service Now" warning and found this forum. 2013 SE with 14.6K miles 5 Spd manual. It was taken to the dealership but they could not get any codes. I guess I will be waiting for the next service light and driving over there without shutting it off whenever it happens.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just had my first "Engine Malfunction - Service Now" warning and found this forum. 2013 SE with 14.6K miles 5 Spd manual. It was taken to the dealership but they could not get any codes. I guess I will be waiting for the next service light and driving over there without shutting it off whenever it happens.
They drove it again and found the code B1029. Pins were replaced in the Throttle... here's hoping that does it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just realized I forgot to update you guys on this...

It was the TSB for wiring under the dash on my '13 SE 5-Spd. Fixed in a few hours by the dealer with no issues!

Still loving my Fiesta after over a year and ~20,000 Miles, I just need to check the forums more often ;)
Sent from my RM-940_nam_att_200 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have been having this issue for a solid two years since i bought my 2012 Fiesta SE. The car has poor idle and wont accelerate when the problem is active. The car has been in and out of the shop for two years. They have replaced the throttle body 3 times, the gas pedal, the dashboard, the wiring harness, and a bunch of other things. Ford still wont admit its a real problem and has me jumping through hoops. The car almost caused a fatal accident when it died in the middle of the road. They are just now working on a "good faith" buy back program that isnt gaurenteed. So the problem is real. Does anyone else have it this bad?

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have been having this issue for a solid two years since i bought my 2012 Fiesta SE. The car has poor idle and wont accelerate when the problem is active. The car has been in and out of the shop for two years. They have replaced the throttle body 3 times, the gas pedal, the dashboard, the wiring harness, and a bunch of other things. Ford still wont admit its a real problem and has me jumping through hoops. The car almost caused a fatal accident when it died in the middle of the road. They are just now working on a "good faith" buy back program that isnt gaurenteed. So the problem is real. Does anyone else have it this bad?
I had the same problem look into TSB 13-3-19.
i AHD T

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yes, in my case it was a faulty sensor that required the Accelerator Pedal Assembly to be replaced. No big deal, but had to jump through a few hoops to get the part. See thread here:

http://www.fiestafaction.com/forums/fiesta-service-bay/38221-backordered-part-no-eta.html

BTW, even if you do turn your car off and on to reset the error (which is what is recommended in the owners manual), the on-board computer will still maintain a log of the error code.
I've had intermittent wrench light for a year now. Dealership told me I have to drive it in when the light is on for them to know what the issue is. No idea why the onboard computer can't remember a few various engine codes. Light never comes on when I'm going to the dealership for an oil change but always seems to turn on when I'm heading to work. Turning the car off and on back again clears the wrench though, and I've had it go on/off for a year plus on my '11 SE Hatch so it can't be a terminal issue.

61 - 80 of 111 Posts