Fiesta Faction banner

81 - 100 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just wanted to give some follow up on my case.

After two years of the problem, Ford bought back my car and replaced it with a brand new 2014 Fiesta! I called and fought day after day, it was a very long and annoying process, but i just picked up the new one yesterday and shes beautiful!!!

2014 Ford Fiesta SE Tuxedo Black

·
Registered
5,672 Posts
Just wanted to give some follow up on my case.

After two years of the problem, Ford bought back my car and replaced it with a brand new 2014 Fiesta! I called and fought day after day, it was a very long and annoying process, but i just picked up the new one yesterday and shes beautiful!!!

2014 Ford Fiesta SE Tuxedo Black
Way to go man, that is great, very happy for you, pics or it didn't happen :p, congrats and enjoy your NEW ride :eek:

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 2011 Fiesta SE. I leased it new for 3 years, then bought it. My engine Malfunction comes on once in while, maybe every couple of weeks. I run the diagnostics, and it never shows any codes. When I restart the car, it's ok for the next 2 weeks. It never seems to effect the running. Mine is an automatic (6 speed). Have there been any problems with this transmission?

·
Registered
4,873 Posts
Yes and no on transmission problems. If you go by reports on this Forum, it is the worst thing to ever be produced. Then like others, including my self , have had no problems.
There have been problems with seals and clutches. Ford has extended the warranty on them.
Other than that, enjoy the ride.
Oh, on some early models there was a problem with ground cable connections. Might be something to look at. could be the cause of your light problem.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
I have a 2011 Fiesta SE. I leased it new for 3 years, then bought it. My engine Malfunction comes on once in while, maybe every couple of weeks. I run the diagnostics, and it never shows any codes. When I restart the car, it's ok for the next 2 weeks. It never seems to effect the running. Mine is an automatic (6 speed). Have there been any problems with this transmission?
Welcome to the forum! Have you been to your dealer recently to look into this? Please let me know, along with your mileage.

Meagan

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks. No I have not been to the dealer, because I don't think it's serious. I have 92,000, and have had no problems at all. This has been the best car I've ever owned, and I've had more than my share in 67 years.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Can’t get a call back

Boy am I glad I found this site/thread. I thought I was going nuts. The first time it happened (easily 6 mos. ago) I called the dealer and they said to just start and restart (ummm really? The message said ENGINE MALFUNCTION SERVICE NOW). Then is it began happening intermittently over the last few weeks - but still with no evidence of problem (vehicle health reports clean, drives fine, etc.) I’m feeling done getting this error and worrying that somethings wrong they aren’t fixing, so I’ve been attempting to schedule service. Unfortunately the dealership has ignored my calls and emails for over a week (are you listening Ford Customer Service)

Serramonte Ford = the worst service evert and from the day I drove my car off the lot I’ve regretted I bought it there. Make this better for me. I just want someone to call me back and schedule a service appointment.

2013 Fiesta SE

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Boy am I glad I found this site/thread. I thought I was going nuts. The first time it happened (easily 6 mos. ago) I called the dealer and they said to just start and restart (ummm really? The message said ENGINE MALFUNCTION SERVICE NOW). Then is it began happening intermittently over the last few weeks - but still with no evidence of problem (vehicle health reports clean, drives fine, etc.) I’m feeling done getting this error and worrying that somethings wrong they aren’t fixing, so I’ve been attempting to schedule service. Unfortunately the dealership has ignored my calls and emails for over a week (are you listening Ford Customer Service)

Serramonte Ford = the worst service evert and from the day I drove my car off the lot I’ve regretted I bought it there. Make this better for me. I just want someone to call me back and schedule a service appointment.

2013 Fiesta SE
Welcome to the group.

The OBD system is designed to show fault codes in real time. A momentary problem that trips the MIL will be erased from the memory of the ECU after cycling the key, unless there is a "hard" code meaning the problem is ongoing. One of the only ways to fix this is to drive right to the service department while the MIL is on and have them hook up the diagnostic scanner and read the code while it's live. Don't show up and shut your car off, it will only reset the light until the next time the error occurs. This is a common problem and NOT isolated to our Fiestas.

Let us know how you make out and welcome to the faction.

·
Registered
5,672 Posts
Good luck, keep us updated and warm welcome to the Faction SFFiesta. Also note we have a GREAT Ford Service rep who can help you deal with getting your car fixed (shoot her a PM, she is at post #87 above for name), as well be advised you don't HAVE to go back to dealer you bought the car from for warranty work (you won't get a loaner though it sounds like you probably wouldn't with your dealer either), shop around for service just like you did buying the car !!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I am having a hard time understanding why it is that i have to take my car into the dealership only when this error appears on my display.

It would seem that if I continually get an error message instructing me to bring my car to "Service Now" and it happens after dealership hours I would be hard pressed to have this problem looked at in a timely fashion.

What reason would I have to lie about getting an error like this and in reading this whole thread and realizing that a loss of power to the drive train from an accelerator issue might cause me or my family to be put in harms way, I would think that Ford would want to rectify this issue to potentially avoid a more costly lawsuit in the event that someone might get hurt.

Anyhow I guess I'll have to wait until that error comes on again and it's within the hours of a dealership being open to be able to pull the proper codes and have this fixed. I'm getting really close, if I haven't already gone over my warranty mileage and I would hate to have it happen after my warranty is up.

Cheers,
FACE

·
Registered
653 Posts
I guess one option would be to purchase a code reader, either a cabled type or a bluetooth version that interfaces with an app on your smartphone if you have one. When the light comes on, plug the reader in and scan for the codes yourself.

Just a thought.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts

2013 Fiesta SE
I hear ya loud and clear. There are a couple things I can do here. First, I can document your feedback on this dealership. Second, I can loop in your regional customer service manager, who works with the dealer for a resolution. Will you be continuing to work with Serramonte Ford, or will you be seeking service elsewhere?

In order for me to do what I've mentioned above, please send me a private message with your VIN, mileage, best daytime phone number, full name, and preferred dealer's name/location.

Good luck, keep us updated and warm welcome to the Faction SFFiesta. Also note we have a GREAT Ford Service rep who can help you deal with getting your car fixed (shoot her a PM, she is at post #87 above for name), as well be advised you don't HAVE to go back to dealer you bought the car from for warranty work (you won't get a loaner though it sounds like you probably wouldn't with your dealer either), shop around for service just like you did buying the car !!

Thank you!!!

I am having a hard time understanding why it is that i have to take my car into the dealership only when this error appears on my display.

It would seem that if I continually get an error message instructing me to bring my car to "Service Now" and it happens after dealership hours I would be hard pressed to have this problem looked at in a timely fashion.

What reason would I have to lie about getting an error like this and in reading this whole thread and realizing that a loss of power to the drive train from an accelerator issue might cause me or my family to be put in harms way, I would think that Ford would want to rectify this issue to potentially avoid a more costly lawsuit in the event that someone might get hurt.

Anyhow I guess I'll have to wait until that error comes on again and it's within the hours of a dealership being open to be able to pull the proper codes and have this fixed. I'm getting really close, if I haven't already gone over my warranty mileage and I would hate to have it happen after my warranty is up.

Cheers,
FACE
Hi FACE,

I recommend reaching out to our FordServiceCA team, who'll be able to look into this further. Their names are Nikki and Kwasi. Since it's a Canadian holiday today, they'll be back tomorrow.

Meagan

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi FACE,

I recommend reaching out to our FordServiceCA team, who'll be able to look into this further. Their names are Nikki and Kwasi. Since it's a Canadian holiday today, they'll be back tomorrow.

Meagan
Thank You Meagan,

I had the error come up yesterday morning before my appointments and so I drove over to the dealership to have them have a look as per my discussion with them the week before. They told me that a code could not be pulled unless the error was showing and to no turn off the car upon showing up at the dealership.

I walked into the dealership and instructed them to not turn the car off as I had a code on the dash reading Engine Malfunction, Service Now. After the car sat in the parking lot for about 1/2 hour the service desk lady came up to me and told me that the reason my car was getting the code was because I was passed due on my oil change. If I were to get an oil change the error would go away. She asked if I wanted an oil change and I told her no, that I usually bring it to the dealer I bought the car from for that. the reason why the car was showing a passed due on the oil change was because my dealer writes the sticker on the windshield for 5000 km's and not 8000 km's out of habit.

She stated that the problem was not a "service engine now" issue but in fact just a "wrench" on the display and as she was walking away it seemed that she was disgusted at my concern with the error and was shaking her head back and forth as if to say that I wasted there's and the mechanics time.

I took pics of the Dash before I went in to prove that the error came up. Of course this is not the first time it came up and now I have to wait until it happens again.

Cheers,
FACE

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yes and no on transmission problems. If you go by reports on this Forum, it is the worst thing to ever be produced. Then like others, including my self , have had no problems.
There have been problems with seals and clutches. Ford has extended the warranty on them.
Other than that, enjoy the ride.
Oh, on some early models there was a problem with ground cable connections. Might be something to look at. could be the cause of your light problem.
When someone had an error such as this came up do you recall anyone every mentioning that it might be a result of a past due oil change needed to be done in order to clear the message.

I had a service desk personnel and technician tell me that my car was over due on my oil change. When I explained to them that the sticker on the window was wrong and that I'm actually not due for an oil change they asked me if they would like me to have them do an oil change on my car. I told them that I already have a service station that does that for me and so they sent me on my way.

I am very annoyed at the arrogance they showed towards me concerning this error and to shake there head at me as if to say that I wasted there time with this is also got my blood boiling as well. I'm sorry, I don't let a lack of accountability when they should be exhibiting professionalism on there part, continue to be tolerated by not only myself but others that might have gotten the same treatment.

It's been a couple of days and I'm still ticked at there attitudes.

·
Registered
5 Posts
This issue has just recently started happening to me, random wrench and sluggish acceleration, turn car off and on and it is fine. Car is at 71k miles on a 2011 Fiesta, 5sp manual. Happened probably 3 times this last week. Can I just go to the dealer and tell them to do the TSB, or are they going to try and do some diagnostics, etc? Also, is the TSB only 1.4 hours of labor across the board? I don't want to have them try to tell me it will be 3-4 hours of labor. Thanks for all the help, this was just the thread/forum I was looking for.

·
Registered
4,873 Posts
Face, I don't see an overdue oil change causing a MIL.
Perhaps ignoring the oil change light is a possibility but since it is so easy to turn the light off, I don't see it as being a part of the equation.
Many service writers are simply salesmen/women and have very little mechanical knowledge.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So thankful to run across this forum! Had the "dreaded wrench" and "service engine now" light/message show up tonight on my drive home. Car was still running okay, but the message sounded super serious and it was too late for any dealership. Will see if the message is gone tomorrow morning when I start it up and will plan to get to the dealer this week to have it checked out.

·
Registered
4,873 Posts
The check engine light and the oil change light are two separate things.
The showing of one has no relationship with the other.
Unless of course you ignore the oil change light, don't change the oil, then run out of oil. the CEL will come on.

81 - 100 of 111 Posts