Fiesta Faction banner

101 - 111 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
My 2013 Ford Fiesta had the throttle sensor replaced three times for this issue. The third time I asked if this issue will still be covered if it happens again, (outside of warrenty) and the dealership said that it would. The car is now out of warrenty and back at the dealer for this issue. I was told by the Regional Customer Service Manager that I am on my own for the repairs. The same issue has occurred four times and now that the car is out of warrenty, I am on my own for the repairs.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
My 2013 Ford Fiesta had the throttle sensor replaced three times for this issue. The third time I asked if this issue will still be covered if it happens again, (outside of warrenty) and the dealership said that it would. The car is now out of warrenty and back at the dealer for this issue. I was told by the Regional Customer Service Manager that I am on my own for the repairs. The same issue has occurred four times and now that the car is out of warrenty, I am on my own for the repairs.
You running any mods? Intake?

·
Registered
6,017 Posts
Mods? I'm not sure what that is. I haven't done anything to the vehicle.
Mods = modifications.

His line of thinking is that some aftermarket oiled filters are guilty of fouling the airflow sensor when oiled too much. So he was curious if you had installed one.

It seems odd that your parts would've failed that many times unless there was a recurring fault in something that was associated with the parts, but maybe not the part itself.

Have you been going to the same service location each time? If so, you might want to try a different one, whether dealership, or independent shop.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had it to one dealer for the first two sensor replacements. This dealer replaced it the third time and now the fourth. They also want to replace the dashboard wiring harness to see if that is the issue. That is what they want me to pay for. They didn't consider the wiring harness the first three times I had it in for warranty work. Now they want me to pay to fix the problem. I can't understand why Ford will not stand behind the vehicle they sold me.

·
Registered
6,017 Posts
Ford likely would've if your dealership would've done a proper diagnosis. I'm not sure if it'll help but it might be worth it to involve the forum's resident customer service rep to see if it would be possible to escalate this to Ford corporate.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
I had it to one dealer for the first two sensor replacements. This dealer replaced it the third time and now the fourth. They also want to replace the dashboard wiring harness to see if that is the issue. That is what they want me to pay for. They didn't consider the wiring harness the first three times I had it in for warranty work. Now they want me to pay to fix the problem. I can't understand why Ford will not stand behind the vehicle they sold me.
Do you have a case number, rampboy77? Please send it (or your VIN) to me via PM, and I'll check out your case.

Ford likely would've if your dealership would've done a proper diagnosis. I'm not sure if it'll help but it might be worth it to involve the forum's resident customer service rep to see if it would be possible to escalate this to Ford corporate.
Thanks!

Meagan

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bought my 2013 Silver Fiesta used 10 months ago with 23k miles. I now have 51k miles and a big issue. Yesterday after work my battery hesitated before the engine started. Figured I would get a new battery this weekend. This morning the engine wouldn't even turn. When roadside got here and jumped it the "Check Engine" and "Wrench" (Powertrain Malfunction) lights were on. Extremely rough and jerky shifting in low gears on acceleration and deceleration. Would not shift from 3rd to 4th unless I popped it in neutral then back into drive.
I am taking the car to the dealer in the morning. Should still be covered by powertrain warranty. But I have heard a bad battery can possibly cause these tranny issues. We shall see and I will report my service tech's findings.
I am new here. Awesome forum!

·
Registered
251 Posts
Start a new thread instead of replying to an old one. This thread title doesn't match the problem you're having. Also posting things like this on other's threads can cause problems with the original poster getting the help they need, instead people are thrown off and try to help you while the original poster is waiting for a response.

In either case, watch this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eh8PIL5E_6M

·
Registered
15 Posts
My Fiesta Engine Malfunction light is on and does not reset when restarted. There are no codes and obviously the car is not driveable in traffic. It has the TSB 13-11-15 wiring revisions done.
I'm disgusted after a year of the wrench light and message coming on randomly. Hopefully we can get to the root cause of this nonsense.
Just need to drive my 1990 Toyota Pickup with 310000 miles on it.
So the Fiesta went to the Ford Dealership. They said it needed an acelerator pedal assembly. I think not, I put in a new one the night before with no results. They borrowed one from a Fiesta on their lot and it didn't work either! After a few hours of checking the wiring harnesses and pinpoint testing they called the factory who told them to replace the Powertrain Control Module. They ordered the PCM only to find they are on back order. The only good news is the PCM is under the 8-80 Emissions Warranty.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2017 Ford Fiesta . I started getting the Engine malfunction code a few times when it rained or when it was cold. I looked around and had people telling me it was the accelerator pedal so I changed it and still had the code. It finally got so bad my accelerator pedal stopped working all together, and it sounded like it was dueling funny... Finally broke down and bought a obd code checker for myself. It had a code for the throttle body, so I took it apart and there was build up on the little bushes the coast over these 4 sensor looking line things.. cleaned it off and light went away, stoped running funny and has worked great since.

101 - 111 of 111 Posts