Fiesta Faction banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

cars running cold. Usually goes to 4 blobs within 10mins but recently only reaches 2 blobs. It has reached 3 blobs but quickly goes bk to two. Garage says they cannot find any fault but I’m not convinced as I’ve had the car 2yrs now and this is first of it happening. Also last year was way colder than this year so it’s not weather related.
Anyone got any ideas?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi,

cars running cold. Usually goes to 4 blobs within 10mins but recently only reaches 2 blobs. It has reached 3 blobs but quickly goes bk to two. Garage says they cannot find any fault but I’m not convinced as I’ve had the car 2yrs now and this is first of it happening. Also last year was way colder than this year so it’s not weather related.
Anyone got any ideas?
I first noticed my heater was going cold when I was going down a hill on a weekend drive, same problem as you, the engine never got as hot as it should.

After a lot of thinking and nursing the car to and from work I put it down to the thermostat.

I never even bothered contacting ford. Got new thermostat and got a mechanic at my job to remove the alternator and they also had to remove the air-conditioning gas from the system to gain access as it's in the way.

Then I was able to get the thermostat out and the rubber/plastic had broken down and bits had broken off, there's small holes under the plastic on the valve itself which let's coolant pass through even when the valve is closed.. I'll try find the photos but that was what was causing my engine not to reach operating temperature.

Sent from my M2103K19G using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts