Fiesta Faction banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Ford has already put the 2.0 eco boost st motor into a fiesta. It was at sema. Im holding out for one of those kids to crash there st to get the powertrain. All stock with a tune 252whp and 300+wtq!! With the smog system. Do the swap get it verified done. Ford in a ford is easier than a different make swap
^^This would be wicked.:cool: I imagine it was a whole drivetrain swap and a lot of fab work. Anyone know more about that SEMA car? All I ever heard/read was the hp number.

·
Registered
276 Posts
The 1.6 has similar mounting points like the focus. Alot of focus guys swap from the sohc to dohc zetecs and duratecs. I dont see why not to swap even a duratec 2.3 into the fiesta basically instead of into a focus put it in the fiesta. The mounts are pretty close, the 5spd trans is cable shifted, and once its mocked up order custom axles. I would run the motor separate from the fiesta controls as much as possible. When u open the fiestas hood i said damn look at all that room! Um this car has more space than the older focuses doesnt look that tight since ive already worked on some stuff

·
Registered
5,672 Posts
I thought the same thing about space under the hood, if you are not too fat, you could stand up between the firewall and the back of the block !!(or is it side of the block?). :p

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Yeah really, why would anyone swap engines in an econo-box?

Oh wait, this is why. :eek:

Why? Because you can and because it's fun. :)
Oh yeah. I remember when ATI built the Terminator Focus. we [Detroit SCCA] got a tour of their shop in Wixom. They autocrossed it.

·
Registered
5,672 Posts
Whatever happened to these? I remember years ago at Turkey Rod run in Daytona, small blocks in Focus was all the rage, they were also putting Cadillac motors in Fiero's( or some kind of Buick motor) and some kind of Lambo kit car.

·
Registered
6 Posts
When I purchased my fiesta this past may, a 2012 model, I was looking through their brochures and I noticed that there was an option for the 2012 fiesta to have the 2.0L Ti-VCT I-4 engine with direct injection which is the same engine that came in my wife's 2012 focus that we purchased at the same time. If this in an option the I would believe that it would be a direct drop in and if I am not mistaken, the gear box's are the same but with slightly different gearing. I could see this being an easy project because neither have a power steering pump because of the electric steering and other technological improvements. The only issue that I would personally for see is that of the way things are mounted under the hood. In both car, the batter, fuse/relay panels etc, are mounted over the transmission which will affect the width of whatever you put in there.

If it were up to me I think I would find a low mileage donor motor, tear it down. Then bore it out for bigger pistons, shave the heads for more compression, port and polish the intake and exhaust ports for more flow then do a 5 angle grind on the valves and seats for better sealing topped off with harder springs.

All of this would be less costly then what your looking to do and would definitely increase your power and torque. As for my own car, i'm looking at changing both intake and exhaust manifolds. I have found some headers in the European markets but still searching a replacement intake manifold.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I thought the 1.6 was the only motor? I just ordered my car two weeks ago and didn't see the option for the 2.0, which would be a blast btw. The dealer just printed out the options and packages for me, never saw a brochure. That would be cool if you could get one and post pics tho.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Was talking about about a swap to the 2L with a talented mechanic and he said if people have already stuffed 2.0 in then theres room for a 2.3L......

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Where'd you get an ST powerplant? :eek:

That's retail, I can do it for about $7800.00 :D

Still a large chunk of change but considering what you get I'd say it's pretty reasonable.

-Steve

The ST motor comes without the ST engine cover in the Escape Titanium. It makes slightly less power, which is probably from a less aggressive engine tune and restrictive exhaust. Otherwise, they should be the same. When I had a Focus ST and the Escape in the garage together, it is amazing how many things are the same. Airbox, intercooler, intake tubing, and even the radiator support looks the same. I don't know if the internals are the same.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
The ST motor comes without the ST engine cover in the Escape Titanium. It makes slightly less power, which is probably from a less aggressive engine tune and restrictive exhaust. Otherwise, they should be the same. When I had a Focus ST and the Escape in the garage together, it is amazing how many things are the same. Airbox, intercooler, intake tubing, and even the radiator support looks the same. I don't know if the internals are the same.
I hadn't thought of that.

I just checked and the pistons, rods, crank, head and cams are all the same.

Even the intercooler and turbo are the same.

I'm not taking any more time to look since those are the main bits that would matter.

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
I hadn't thought of that.

I just checked and the pistons, rods, crank, head and cams are all the same.

Even the intercooler and turbo are the same.

I'm not taking any more time to look since those are the main bits that would matter.
I figured they were the same, but did not check. I like to think of our Escape as the AWD Focus ST AllRoad, kind of like an Audi S4 Avant with the AllRoad treatment. It goes like stink, but doesn't handle as well as the lowered version. Having driven both the ST and the Escape Titanium, I can say that the 2.0L EcoBoost is a wonderful engine that produces the same sort of thrust that is normally reserved for rockets.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts