Fiesta Faction banner

41 - 41 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
correct, but is it worth the cost and effort? I would estimate the cost of the project would probably be close to $10,000. Spending $10,000 on a sub $20,000 newer car to end up with something that has little resale is silly. A better option would be to buy something that is more modification friendly, such as a WRX, older Civic, Integra, Miata, or even a Mustang. I have done engine swaps in the past, and have plenty of friends do the 3.0L engine swap in SVT Contours. Most projects ended up costing way more than estimated, full of drivability issues, and were sold at a loss. If you really have money burning a hole in your pocket, there are way better cars for doing serious modifications to. If I was looking at a compact to really dig into for modifications, I would look at a MkI Focus, EG/EK Civic, or WRX. All of them are pretty cheap and have tons of aftermarket support. The Fiesta is probably the worst car to modify.
And if I put the engine of the Fiesta ST 1.6 ecoboost, in the same way it gives all those problems that you mention?

41 - 41 of 41 Posts