1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2011 Ford Fiesta SE
Manual Transmission
71k Miles

I have an ultra gauge to monitor my instant MPGs and noticed yesterday that my engine temperature was fluctuating from 195° - 199°, with a 201° spike. From memory/ observation, the Fiesta's normal operating temp is 194°.

My questions are;

What is the Fiesta's normal operating temp?
Should I be concerned with the fluctuating engine temp?
What are my potential issues?
What do I check to see what's causing the problem?
Has anyone else experienced this "issue"?

Thank you in advanced

·
Registered
6,017 Posts
You're probably fine. Check your coolant level, listen for the fan. Mine will climb up to those temps occasionally. Not sure there is a specific operating temp, if you exceed the operating range, you'll get a dummy light on your cluster.

Sent via poles, wires and telegraph 2.

·
Registered
4,873 Posts
No problem there.
The Fiesta has a 195 degree thermostat. Fluctuation is normal. The fan doesn't turn on until over 200 degrees.
The car will run hotter in city traffic than out on the highway.
Disconnect the ultra gauge and sleep peacefully.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Hello
My car is a 2011 too with similar milage. Mine operates something like this: (I too use ultragauge)
on the highway, temperature is 191 °F
On the city is 195°F and when I stop for red light for example, temperature rises to 201 °F
Of course my gauges are in Celsius degrees.
I think your car is ok

Enviado desde mi GT-N8000 mediante Tapatalk

Enviado desde mi GT-N8000 mediante Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
I run an Ultragauge too. 180-184 is normal for my car. In heavy stop-n-go traffic on a 90 plus degree day it ran up to 220 once. If you are seeing it climb like that while cruising down the hwy with plenty of air flow, there could be a problem.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2011 S, manual transmission and 80k miles. I use the Torque app on my phone instead of an ultra gauge, as well as the diagnostic test menu on the dash to see the temperature.

Mine has gone as high as 210 in stop and go city traffic...that's on a 95+ degree day though. On the highway, it holds steady are 195. I wouldn't worry about your temps unless you get warning lights on the dash, or they're at 205+ while doing 75 on a freeway.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just started to join this forum, just want to ask cuz am a bit confused about the Temperature , as i have read some of the posts here, says 195, 184 and so on, cuz i also have my Ford Fiesta 2011 1.6 A/T 68 mileage and i have installed OBD2 gauge so i can check my ECT temp, from what it says about the ECT temp is on for like 104 to 105, then when i boost my car up, it goes down to 102 ,100 then 99 then comes back to 105, when my car gets on traffic it raises 106 then 108 then it goes down to 105 again this is without the air con running. just want to ask if the temp is just normal or not?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts