Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
No, this is a subcompact, the 4.0 V6 from the Mustang would be fine. I'm OK with the turbo Porsches being faster than me.:eek:

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
I would like the new 5.0L in my Mustang instead :)

Give me the MSport Fiesta R2 spec motor, or the normally aspirated S2000 motor and I would be all set! The S2000 engine sounds like a pissed off Honda or restrained F1 engine. Ultra high RPM FTW :)

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Nothing like the rumble of a big V8.
and that is why I have my Mustang. :) Nothing like 400 ft-lbs of torque coming out of a V8. It has the ability to blur trees in a hurry!

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
No, this is a subcompact, the 4.0 V6 from the Mustang would be fine. I'm OK with the turbo Porsches being faster than me.:eek:
last years model? the 2011 Mustang has a 3.7L V6 that makes 305 hp. the old 4.0L only made 210 hp.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
last years model? the 2011 Mustang has a 3.7L V6 that makes 305 hp. the old 4.0L only made 210 hp.
Yes the 305.

I just passed the 1000 mile mark on my Fiesta, now I can take it upto redline under full throttle:eek: And also try the brakes out. I can hardly wait.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
I'm sure it's just a matter of time before someone does a V8 rear drive conversion on a Fiesta, there are quite a few Foci converted with various powertrain swaps.

Who's going to be first? :D

·
Registered
6,416 Posts
If you take out the engine what is left of "Fiesta"? The transmission and body casing? :[ I couldn't take the heart out of such a beautiful beast.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Disagree. I'll take an aircooled 90 degree twin any day over a V8.:D
If we're getting into motorcycles, I prefer the howling of my triple over my old 90 degree twin.

·
Registered
984 Posts
I'm sure it's just a matter of time before someone does a V8 rear drive conversion on a Fiesta, there are quite a few Foci converted with various powertrain swaps.

Who's going to be first? :D
You supply the free parts I need and I will do it and show everyone what it takes. I just wonder what rear axle would fit ? I guess if I had a complete 11 stang to disable for the powertrain,wiring,and modules,emission system,lines,pumps, would about take care of all the parts PM me and I will give you the delivery address. :D :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
You supply the free parts I need and I will do it and show everyone what it takes. I just wonder what rear axle would fit ? I guess if I had a complete 11 stang to disable for the powertrain,wiring,and modules,emission system,lines,pumps, would about take care of all the parts PM me and I will give you the delivery address. :D :rolleyes:
Nice try :p

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
If we're getting into motorcycles, I prefer the howling of my triple over my old 90 degree twin.
Mmmmmm, you just reminded me of my old 1974 Kawasaki Mach 3 500 two stroke triple.

The most antisocial motorcycle ever, it sounded like three chainsaws running on crack and strapped to a coffee can with a handful of ball bearings in it :eek:

God I loved that bike :D

·
Registered
35 Posts
It seems the D20 and D23 from the Focus might be possible swaps. I don't know about matching the larger Duratecs to either of the Fiesta transaxels. Ford has frequently made swaps of similar engines across car lines difficult.

There is also a D25 in the Fusion and a couple other models.

This will all become moot when (if) Ford makes the 175-180 HP Ecoboost D16 available in the Fiesta.

·
Banned
528 Posts
Not going to happen

It seems the D20 and D23 from the Focus might be possible swaps. I don't know about matching the larger Duratecs to either of the Fiesta transaxels. Ford has frequently made swaps of similar engines across car lines difficult.

This will all become moot when (if) Ford makes the 175-180 HP Ecoboost D16 available in the Fiesta.
This AWESOME car is going to die a slow death due to Ford's inability to get the darn thing delivered, and fixed......The early cars are still without a fix for the unsafe doors.

Until they can get the base cars right how can they even think about improving the car?

·
Registered
1,915 Posts

You're right on the difficulty in swapping powertrain. In addition to the engine, there's the PCM/computer to deal with as well. Oh, and various mounts for stuff too. The current Focus using the D20 and D23 is using the MTX-75. So, you'll have an issue if there is anything but an MTX-75 in the Fiesta. Given how many D20s and D25s out there, I can see someone at least trying. With the Explorer's 2.0L EcoBoost, that will probably peak someone's interest. Although an EB 1.6L could make it, I'm sure cost will come into play, and people will want to find an engine that could go in there that's of relatively low cost (i.e the D20, D23 or D25).

Still, I can see someone trying to shoehorn at least the 4.6L 3-valve from the Mustang and doing a RWD conversion. Then again, if the 4.6L will fit, then it'd be customary to try a 5.0L :cool:

·
Registered
35 Posts
...Still, I can see someone trying to shoehorn at least the 4.6L 3-valve from the Mustang and doing a RWD conversion. Then again, if the 4.6L will fit, then it'd be customary to try a 5.0L :cool:
How about a 'new and improved' 32 valve, 412 HP 5.0 ?? I'm already thinking about whether the Ecoboost 2.0 from the Explorer might fit in my '07 Focus ZX3. One good thing about Ford electronics is many different platforms use the same computer, just different wiring harnesses and pin-outs. The problem is usually getting the instrument display interfaced. Obviously an MTX is one less problem than swapping an ATX.

If the newer D20 can be made to fit, it just may be possible to use D16 PCM, wiring and controls and reprogram the PCM code. Not my strength though...

·
Registered
32,429 Posts
I have no doubt that some hardcore people will end up swapping a D20/23 into a new-gen Fiesta, maybe even for SEMA. But, it will probably only amount to a very small number.

When the Fit was released here, there was a lot of talk about K20 swaps initially. There was even a site created to provide information FITswap.com However, only a handful were actually done.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts