Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

Anyone know if the European projector headlights would fit on our American Fiestas? This site has them for ~500 USD:

European-Parts

They really do make the car look spiffier, and since they're projectors, they probably won't blind oncoming traffic if retrofitted with HIDs.

And here's a link on how to remove the headlight from a European Fiesta:

The Mk7 Fiesta Bulb Change Guide ! - Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums

The openings appear to be the same shape or size, but you never know. Maybe it'll be easier just to black them out, like seen in some of the LAIAS concept Fiestas. Next up would be trying to retrofit a European front bumper and hood. :D (Doubtful, there are probably some beams in the way...)

- Michael

·
Registered
893 Posts
A stay away from European Parts. B its unknown if they're different from US spec Fiestas. Bryan did you ever look at the connection on your Euro Fiesta to see if it was the usual Euro Single Plug or dual plug.

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
I did not get a chance to compare plugs, but from somebody who put US headlamps on an EU car for the LA show, I can tell you this.
1) The mounting pattern is the same, or pretty much the same. There may be one fastener that is not used when the housings are swapped.
2) Some wiring modifications are needed to get everything to work. That makes sense since the EU housings have extra light bulbs which are called City Lights or some other name that Golf called them. Either way, they are small bulbs in the housings that come on with the parking lamps. The EU projectors also have motors to move the lense up and down, those can't be used.

So, yes they will bolt in, but some modifications may be needed for the wiring. I put E-Code headlamps in my Mustang, so I am used to having to make a new harness for European lights. I have not ruled out going to the base model EU lights with the black housings since there is no factory projector housing that is black.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Just talk to Trevor at Fordpartsuk.com and don't mess with European Parts website. Enough of us here will tell you how horrible the owner is. But thank you for the analysis Bryan. I had assumed most likely that there will be wiring modifications as usual.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have not ruled out going to the base model EU lights with the black housings since there is no factory projector housing that is black.
Hmm... do you know if you can modify the US lights so that it has black housings? Or is the chrome integral?

·
Registered
893 Posts
I believe there will be a blackout option for the headlights if you look at this picture here courtesy of me in Daytona Beach in Feb you'll see there might be one coming out.

·
Registered
124 Posts
You could just put yours in the oven, pull the lens off and paint the inside of the housing. I'm betting that's what the h&r car did. Cheap mod.:D

- Mike

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Ford Accessories made a number of blacked out housings for the "tuner" show cars. H&R, FSWerks/3DCarbon, Steeda/FRPP, and the Ford Licensed Accessory cars all had the dark headlamp housings. The last I had heard from somebody at Ford is that there are no plans to sell the black housings. As for the painting mod, it can be done. I did it to a set of Focus headlamps with good results.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Dang! That is the only thing from a stock Fiesta that is missing... or a turbo. Anyone going to order them just to see if they will maybe work?

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Ford Accessories made a number of blacked out housings for the "tuner" show cars. H&R, FSWerks/3DCarbon, Steeda/FRPP, and the Ford Licensed Accessory cars all had the dark headlamp housings. The last I had heard from somebody at Ford is that there are no plans to sell the black housings. As for the painting mod, it can be done. I did it to a set of Focus headlamps with good results.
According to Edmunds, the 2012 Fiesta will have a "Exterior Black Pack
" option for $795

SES Hatch Exclusive
Premium Sport Appearance Package: 16" polished wheels, Black head lamp surrounds, black LED auxiliary lamp surrounds, black lower grille surround, black side view mirrors, black window surrounds and black rear hatch spoiler

·
Registered
46 Posts
Yes, and you should be able to buy these from Tousley I imagine, or any other Ford retailer selling at good prices, and bolt 'em on! Gonna look SO good:D

·
Registered
389 Posts
Yes, and you should be able to buy these from Tousley I imagine, or any other Ford retailer selling at good prices, and bolt 'em on! Gonna look SO good:D
:D Cant wait!

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
I certainly hope so. It's the one mod I've wanted to do since I got the car.

·
Registered
910 Posts
black side view mirrors,
Blink! Coming from Honda, black side mirrors were what went on the lower trim levels. Only the EX got body color door handles and side mirrors. Of course I remember when solid black sidewalls were an indication that your were too cheep to buy white side walls. Wait I just saw a polyester leisure suit. :p

1 - 20 of 60 Posts