Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just confirmed from my dealer that Sam told the dealership manager that there is no way to credit back for parts that were ordered for the car on the factory invoice. And the Dealership Manager is not going to issue a credit for the optional packages. All this stems from ordering the exterior pkg and 3D kit before Ford told us they wouldn't work together. You'd think I just bought a Yugo!!!! To be honest..I'm starting to wish I had.....:( Let's see if Sam and his crew will respond positively on the spoiler and 3D kit that I ended up paying more than 2 x the MSRP listed back when I ordered my Fiesta..........what's funny is that I still don't even have all the parts to the exterior pkg that I paid for......but be looking out for a reduced priced Ext Kit on Craigslist.....or maybe they might fit that Yugo??....

·
Registered
32,429 Posts
Just to be clear, are you saying that the online configurator allowed you to select/order two items that were incompatible?

·
Banned
528 Posts
"Online Configurator"

Just to be clear, are you saying that the online configurator allowed you to select/order two items that were incompatible?
Are you talking about the configuration page on the website, or the old FMC Mainfram "dealerlink" or whatever it is called...the old monochrome mainframe that the dealer puts your order in?

That system (the actual FMC system) is set up to dis-allow rapid spec packages that are incompatible. I stood right there with Sherri's boss at my dealership and watched him put my order in, and it wouldn't allow us to change rims. You must order by "rapid spec" So I highly doubt that the system would have allowed you to order the "sport appearance package" which it sounds like you did, and the 3d carbon kit, which would have been part of a different rapid spec. I don't think it is physically possible in the system.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I preordered through a small dealership in Kansas. They put everything into their system. At that same time, you could build your Fiesta on Fords site with all the options I ordered. The only disallowed option was the remote start in a manual Fiesta. All of my accessories beat the Fiesta to the dealer. My Fiesta arrived just shy of two months after the ETA. The dealership recognized after installing the 3D kit that the exterior pkg would not work (splash guards) with the kit. So, after requesting Sam to contact the dealer (which he did) I'm being told that Ford will NOT take back my ext kit and issue me a refund OR even issue me a credit towards another accessory.

The other issue is with the spoiler and 3D kit. When I preordered the accessories, they were less than 2.5x the price I ended up paying. And those initial prices included painting and installation. So, I'm waiting for Sam to decide how he is going to handle this with me. My calculations show I "over-paid" about $900.00 for both accessories.

So take the ext pkg and the two kits and I'm well over $1000.00 that I feel Ford needs to compensate me on. I'm willing to take a credit towards accessories (racing exhaust - when it comes out, and anything else). I'm not asking for CASH, even though I paid my dealer CASH.

any thoughts????

·
Registered
14 Posts
Dealership

I think if the dealership would like to retain you as a customer they should just take care of you at store level, its obvious that they dont want to do this. So in fact that they dont value your business, I would contact the dealership management above whoever your dealing with because that person always has a boss and dont be afraid of using that to get the customer service that you need!!!!!!

·
Registered
303 Posts
The other issue is with the spoiler and 3D kit. When I preordered the accessories, they were less than 2.5x the price I ended up paying. And those initial prices included painting and installation. So, I'm waiting for Sam to decide how he is going to handle this with me. My calculations show I "over-paid" about $900.00 for both accessories.
When you did your build on the initial Ford site there was a little star(*) on the 3D kit an underneath in little print it said painting and installation extra.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
This is absolutely a dealership issue not a FoMoCo issue, have you gotten this to the attention of the dealer principal yet?

Another option would be to contact the Ford customer service line to see if they can help, sometimes they can sometimes they can't.

Your best ammo may just be calmly letting the dealership know that you will be letting everyone you know and everyone that asks you about the car (and there will be a LOT) that you'll be sure to let them know where NOT to go to buy or service their new Fiesta.

Also be sure to let them know that you'll be spreading the word to all your friends on the internet.

FoMoCo does not have total control over dealership policies and procedures which is why there are so many dealerships out there giving all the rest a bad rap.

·
Registered
32,429 Posts
This is absolutely a dealership issue not a FoMoCo issue, have you gotten this to the attention of the dealer principal yet?

Another option would be to contact the Ford customer service line to see if they can help, sometimes they can sometimes they can't.

Your best ammo may just be calmly letting the dealership know that you will be letting everyone you know and everyone that asks you about the car (and there will be a LOT) that you'll be sure to let them know where NOT to go to buy or service their new Fiesta.

Also be sure to let them know that you'll be spreading the word to all your friends on the internet.

FoMoCo does not have total control over dealership policies and procedures which is why there are so many dealerships out there giving all the rest a bad rap.
There you have it straight from the horse's mouth. i.e. one of the best Ford dealer parts reps on the internet! :D

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
If your ordered the parts, they can't deliver, they have to give you the money back on the parts you didn't get. Business Law 101. It's that simple.

·
Registered
207 Posts

:) Right on.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
@bmellin – would you believe I’m dealing with the OWNER of the dealership….

@Tink75 – actually, the kit came pre-painted. There was only installation to be added. I accounted for that.

@Fordsvtparts – how is this a dealership issue. Ford was the one didn’t specify that the two accessories wouldn’t work together and they are who will not let me return my ext. pkg. And is not Ford the one’s who set the pricing of the accessories (excluding installation)?

@FiestaFaction-1 - again, why is Ford telling the dealer they can’t accept NEW parts back that they said would work together when I ordered? Why will Ford not stand behind their original pricing on the spoiler and 3Dkit?

·
Registered
32,429 Posts
@Fordsvtparts – how is this a dealership issue. Ford was the one didn’t specify that the two accessories wouldn’t work together and they are who will not let me return my ext. pkg. And is not Ford the one’s who set the pricing of the accessories (excluding installation)?

@FiestaFaction-1 - again, why is Ford telling the dealer they can’t accept NEW parts back that they said would work together when I ordered? Why will Ford not stand behind their original pricing on the spoiler and 3Dkit?
Maybe he (FordSVTParts) misunderstood your situation. I was just backing him up because I've known him for quite a while and trust his judgement.

Originally I wasn't sure if you had spec'd out the car via the configurator on Ford.com or not. But, I think you meant that your dealer ordered it via their own internal system. If this is the case, and the dealer knows that there was some sort of glitch that caused this, then I would hope they would go to bat for you with Ford.

But, I also have to admit I'm not confident that I understand the entire story/series of events completely either.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
history of events:

Reserved online after building Fiesta w/ free Sync. Spoiler $295 3D kit $700 Ext Pkg $225 (no mention of paint or installation or conflicts with accessories)

Preordered with Dealer in March (he used whatever system that links to Ford)
NO RED FLAGS on ext pkg, spoiler and 3d kit. Have "proprietary" printout dated the day we ordered 3/15 which breaks down all the "Major Product Features". Spoiler was 46% higher than when I reserved and 3d kit 136% higher.
That's over $1000.

ETA of 6/23

Delivery 8/16 Come to realize Ext Pkg wont work with 3d kit.

Current Day - Still missing parts to accessories including the Ext Pkg kit that I'm stuck with and cant install...

·
Registered
1,586 Posts

If the configurator was wrong and the parts are not compatible then its simply a matter of the dealership filing an appropriate claim and getting it handled.

THAT, is a dealership issue. They're the ones that won't make the effort to fix the issue.

If that happened to me with a customer here I'd take the parts back regardless of any possibility of filing a claim simply as an act of good will to keep the customer happy.

And in your question to FiestaFaction1 the answer is again that it's a dealership issue, they have options to get this handled but they simply aren't making that little bit of extra effort to get it done.

In most cases dealerships ARE NOT allowed to return accessories to Ford, However if it's an obviously bad or incorrect listing we do have a parts claims system for exactly these scenarios.

This is simply not an example of FoMoCo telling the dealer they can't help you regardless of what they're telling you.

As for pricing? Costs change rapidly in this business and it's entirely possible that they had estimated costs shown at the time you first saw them and I'd also be willing to bet that somewhere on that website was a pricing disclaimer that's there for this exact type of scenario.

I know our website has a price disclaimer and so does the FRPP site and virtually every other site with goods for sale.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
@FORDSVTPARTS

Thanks for your response!

I'm leaning towards your statement that the dealer may not want to deal with the issue of returning the parts to Ford. But they are telling me that Sam said they could not.

As for the Reservation, I have the printout (3 different ones over a month) that show NO asterisk next to ANY of the accessories NOR is there any mention of compatibility or Installation/painting/price increases in the "fine print". BUT---now there is. That's why I think there should be some compensation.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
**UPDATE** - Ford finally covered the "over-charge" of the two accessories and accepted the return of the Exterior Pkg. that will NOT work with the 3d Carbon kit. A thank you to Fletch and Sam and my dealer (Hillsboro Ford) for seeing this through and taking care of the customer! Thank you to all who commented as well...

·
Registered
142 Posts
Very glad this was resolved!

But to rewind....the 3D Carbon Kit wouldn't fit because of some splash guards?? Couldn't they have just modified or removed the guards?

I mean it's sort of an irrelevant question now since everything has been handled, but I was just curious as I read that.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
the molded splash guards that come with the Exterior Pkg. will not fit when the 3d kit is installed. They are a molded plastic piece and don't match up with the 3d kit. Hope that helps...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts