Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
The PR machine is turning again. Of course they only interviewed ONE person who has already received her car. Not even an attempt at a good cross section of buyers, but good for spin.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
I'm definitely the cross section Ford didn't want them to talk to. ;)

·
Registered
175 Posts
This no doubt has been a big inconvenience for some and for others a let down in what was expected and didn't happen. I wait like everyone and feel bad for those who have waited longer or are about to start making payments on cars they don't have. I myself had some bad customer service experiences with my purchase so far but I decided I can't help but feel that if I allow myself to let this delay get me angry...it is I who will have made it a bad experience. I learned through this waiting and knowing my car is sitting in Baltimore and there isn't a thing I can do to make it get here sooner that I need to roll with the punches and focus on the day when this is all over. This too shall pass I guess and mistakes were made, unfortunate circumstances made it worse (weather and quality issues) and FoMoCo wasn't prepared for all things possible. I don't entertain I could have run it better given the circumstances. I thankfully can say I didn't put all my eggs in one basket and count on it arriving at an exact date therefore leaving myself in a situation of making payments already or having sold my current car before I had a replacement or having to cancel a trip. I think we are feeding off each others anger, allowing others who aren't in our shoes - or haven't at least been there - to add fuel to the fire by arguing about what should have/could have been done with this and that and not just taking a deep breath, realizing that allowing ourselves to become angry isn't going to nurture this "experience" we all want so desperately to be produced without one hitch and say it's a lesson we learned. I am sure Ford has made this a learning curve on what details they may have overlooked with a back up plan. Holding any kind of grudge to a company we are buying autos from will do us no good. What will do us a world of good and help to better the "experience" is to support one another with encouragement, pass on any tidbits of news we may have found to keep each other in the know and wait it out together. I will be interested to see what the posts will read when every last one of us has finally gotten our cars and this is all behind us.;) No, I am not a little Mary Sunshine but I am taking the responsibility of how I allow this to make me feel and being pissed isn't going to make it all better nor is it going to make a little lime squeeze car start itself up right now and drive itself to my driveway. I refuse to let the delays and slip ups be the history of a car that I will be driving for some time and rehash this every time I get into it. When it gets here I am gonna like it, I am gonna forget about the frustration of waiting for it and I am not going to be slamming the Company I am going to depend on in the furture to make anything that went wrong right and being behind me for the next three years on honoring my warranty and hoping they have made me a great, safe car.

·
Registered
227 Posts
This no doubt has been a big inconvenience for some and for others a let down in what was expected and didn't happen. I wait like everyone and feel bad for those who have waited longer or are about to start making payments on cars they don't have. I myself had some bad customer service experiences with my purchase so far but I decided I can't help but feel that if I allow myself to let this delay get me angry...it is I who will have made it a bad experience. I learned through this waiting and knowing my car is sitting in Baltimore and there isn't a thing I can do to make it get here sooner that I need to roll with the punches and focus on the day when this is all over. This too shall pass I guess and mistakes were made, unfortunate circumstances made it worse (weather and quality issues) and FoMoCo wasn't prepared for all things possible. I don't entertain I could have run it better given the circumstances. I thankfully can say I didn't put all my eggs in one basket and count on it arriving at an exact date therefore leaving myself in a situation of making payments already or having sold my current car before I had a replacement or having to cancel a trip. I think we are feeding off each others anger, allowing others who aren't in our shoes - or haven't at least been there - to add fuel to the fire by arguing about what should have/could have been done with this and that and not just taking a deep breath, realizing that allowing ourselves to become angry isn't going to nurture this "experience" we all want so desperately to be produced without one hitch and say it's a lesson we learned. I am sure Ford has made this a learning curve on what details they may have overlooked with a back up plan. Holding any kind of grudge to a company we are buying autos from will do us no good. What will do us a world of good and help to better the "experience" is to support one another with encouragement, pass on any tidbits of news we may have found to keep each other in the know and wait it out together. I will be interested to see what the posts will read when every last one of us has finally gotten our cars and this is all behind us.;) No, I am not a little Mary Sunshine but I am taking the responsibility of how I allow this to make me feel and being pissed isn't going to make it all better nor is it going to make a little lime squeeze car start itself up right now and drive itself to my driveway. I refuse to let the delays and slip ups be the history of a car that I will be driving for some time and rehash this every time I get into it. When it gets here I am gonna like it, I am gonna forget about the frustration of waiting for it and I am not going to be slamming the Company I am going to depend on in the furture to make anything that went wrong right and being behind me for the next three years on honoring my warranty and hoping they have made me a great, safe car.
I like your style!

Harry :D

·
Registered
984 Posts
That is a great attitude daisybean but as I am sure you have seen from this forum there are just some people that aren't happy unless they have something to bitch about or stirring something up. I support that everyone that has their cars should realize that they should be happy and support the people that don't have theirs yet by telling them that once it does show up that it will be worth it. I got luck with getting mine because my dealer ordered a stock unit exactly like the one that I pre ordered and I bought that one instead of having to wait on the original that is still not at the dealer yet.
I got mine a month ago today and I can't say that if the stock unit wouldn't have shown up that I would still be waiting. I can say that if I would have gone a different way then I would probably have regretted it because the Fiesta is a great car and better than I expected. I would suggest to anyone that is still waiting that if the thought of going a different way starts to creep in then go to the dealer and explain this and take a Fiesta stock unit out for a drive to help a little.

·
Banned
528 Posts
2010 Ford Fiesta?

The reason they are upset is because it is a fictional car! 2010 Fiesta's are not available in the US!

·
Banned
528 Posts
We can stir that up...

The PR machine is turning again. Of course they only interviewed ONE person who has already received her car. Not even an attempt at a good cross section of buyers, but good for spin.
All that has to be done is make comments on the article, and reference this site!
Megan and Joey Skinn of Plymouth both walked into a dealer and each got a 2010 Ford Fiesta, shown Thursday in Plymouth. Megan Skinn is leasing hers while Joey Skinn bought his. "When I am driving the car back and forth from work, 50 miles each way, I am having fun," he said. (KIMBERLY P. MITCHELL/Detroit Free Press)

Read more: Fiesta buyers don't hold grudge over setbacks | freep.com | Detroit Free Press http://www.freep.com/article/20100828/BUSINESS01/8280333/1002/Business/Fiesta-buyers-dont-hold-grudge-over-setbacks#ixzz0y1ilLQzA

·
Banned
528 Posts
Detroit Free Press

Just posted the first comment on that article and directed people to Fiesta Faction to learn about what was really going on with the Fiesta.

·
Registered
984 Posts
The reason they are upset is because it is a fictional car! 2010 Fiesta's are not available in the US!
If they aren't available and a fictional car then why are you and I driving one ? Why does my selling dealer have 5 in stock ? You might want to rethink your position on this before making such a dumb statement.
Oops just reread what you typed and see that they said 2010 Fiesta. Now I look like the the one making dumb statements. Sorry for that DFW.

·
Banned
1,063 Posts
LMT is it possible that the 2010 models are actually being catagorized as 2010.5 MY vehicles????

I think Sam and his PR firm are damaging the model more day by day with such pompus claims....although I agree that anytime you buy a NEW model you can expect some hicuups along the way....

Ford, you guys need to s*** can Sam & company. Immediately!

·
Registered
175 Posts
That is a great attitude daisybean

Oh I assure you LM that I posted a few rants on here a few weeks ago and then realized that the place I joined in hopes to find something positive was only causing me to become negative. I know that I can't pin my happiness on life on my automobile or it's timely arrival and there are far more severe crisis going on in this world that can bring me down. It's a car, it will arrive eventually and I can wait until it does. I've got my health, I've got a good job a roof over my head and I am pretty damn certain I am going to like my car....when it get's here.

·
Banned
528 Posts
That Snowball I talked about.....

Everytime they try to counteract and do something positive to try and get some good PR it explodes in their face.

·
Registered
341 Posts
If the Detroit News stuck a recorder in my face and asked me what I thought of the car, I'd tell them I LOVE it. And actually, I do often tweet messages to the people Sam RTs who say they are thinking about getting a Fiesta, telling them how great I think the car is. Yesterday I drove 120 miles round trip to have tea (tea!) with friends in Baltimore because I love every chance I get to hang out in my car. Also, I averaged 43.5 mpg on the ride up - with the AC on. Suck it, Toyota.

Though I sometimes react negatively in here to the shipping delays and the technical glitches, I absolutely rave about the car when people ask me face to face (and on twitter). I'm not being hypocritical, it's just that I actually consider the setbacks to me completely minor, the kinds of minutia that only you guys would care about. When I'm talking about the big picture, the actual important impressions I have of the car, they are all glowing.

But after seeing the last few threads go up in this forum, I realize by reacting to all the bad news I'm just feeding the angry element around here. I'm over it. The delay was dreadful, as waiting for all good things is, like Christmas and the moment when Rhett Butler finally says "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn." And I'm just gonna come right out and say it: I had never heard of the god damned IIHS before they dropped that neg on my car. Maybe they've made it a collectors item, like that postage stamp with the upside down plane on it.

So I don't hold a grudge against Ford, and at this point, I'm just praying Ford doesn't hold a grudge against ME.

·
Registered
175 Posts
If the Detroit News stuck a recorder in my face and asked me what I thought of the car, I'd tell them I LOVE it. And actually, I do often tweet messages to the people Sam RTs who say they are thinking about getting a Fiesta, telling them how great I think the car is. Yesterday I drove 120 miles round trip to have tea (tea!) with friends in Baltimore because I love every chance I get to hang out in my car. Also, I averaged 43.5 mpg on the ride up - with the AC on. Suck it, Toyota.

Though I sometimes react negatively in here to the shipping delays and the technical glitches, I absolutely rave about the car when people ask me face to face (and on twitter). I'm not being hypocritical, it's just that I actually consider the setbacks to me completely minor, the kinds of minutia that only you guys would care about. When I'm talking about the big picture, the actual important impressions I have of the car, they are all glowing.

But after seeing the last few threads go up in this forum, I realize by reacting to all the bad news I'm just feeding the angry element around here. I'm over it. The delay was dreadful, as waiting for all good things is, like Christmas and the moment when Rhett Butler finally says "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn." And I'm just gonna come right out and say it: I had never heard of the god damned IIHS before they dropped that neg on my car. Maybe they've made it a collectors item, like that postage stamp with the upside down plane on it.

So I don't hold a grudge against Ford, and at this point, I'm just praying Ford doesn't hold a grudge against ME.

I am with ya, well said!

1 - 20 of 64 Posts