Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Day

I am new to the group ,I have a fiesta Eco boost 1.0 74 kw doing 60 000 km.
I want to do softwear on the car I have a intake at the moment and removed the back box ( sounds awesome )
car pulls quiet strong at the moment for a stock car .Have any of you guys experienced problems with the car after software? can the engine handle this hoe reliable is this engine .
thanks in advance for the assistance
Samuel

·
Registered
209 Posts
That's not a lot of power. I'm not aware of ones that make that little, are you sure that's the right number?

My 2017 SFE makes a fair amount and is great fun. Mine was in the 120 hp and 120 ft/lbs range from the factory and makes more now as I feed it pure 94 octane 'good ol premium' Chevron champagne. Some people have come up with numbers like 130 hp and 135 ft/lbs on premium fed 1 litre ecoboost motors. Any turbo will benefit as the computer will pull power if it sees a knock. It will pull time, boost and fool with the valves to make that not happen. Not having that happen makes it smoothly responsive from 1600 RPM and beastly when beaten. ;)

It may depend on the year but people seem get into the 170 hp range without blowing it up, with a chip. Of course intake and outflow are critical here.

·
Registered
218 Posts
That's not a lot of power. I'm not aware of ones that make that little, are you sure that's the right number?

74kw is the 100PS version of the 1.0.

Depending on your location and whether you are MAP or MAF tuned, a standard remap will deliver between 140-155PS. You will only really need a high flow filter to achieve that, but high flow silicone hoses and a larger intercooler will aid delivery of the power increase.

I have the 125PS version running a Bluefin stage 1 remap and the complete Mountune Stage 2 hardware. The engine is very reliable if you check the coolant regularly, and change the oil on schedule using only the recommended oil. A proper OBD2 temperature gauge will ensure you can pick overheating before it’s too late.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Be careful with the remapping. Some of them remove the torque limiter on 1 and 2 gear which means you'll destroy your gearbox synchros easily. Fiesta gearbox isn't very durable, but driven sensibly it's ok. Factory map has torque limited on 1 and 2 gear.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts