Fiesta Faction banner

81 - 100 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
^ hahahaha..... without the resonator does your car throw any codes or is their a fix for that (as you can tell I don't know much about this hence the dumb question)
Oh, no. Everyone at the dealership was saying it wouldn't have high enough backpressure and would get my engine check light but I haven't had this problem, then they said give it a while. I have done exhaust work to several vehicles and had experience around a fair amount of vehicles to know what to expect. I do feel the weld job needs to be checked because it almost sounds like a rattle when I open it up too quickly. I will make sure to check this first opportunity today.

I don't expect any problem with backpressure unless you run without a muffler, shorten the pipe to the rear axle and run it catless without the resonator and you MIGHT have an issue with backpressure then.

·
Registered
755 Posts
They said the same to me. If the oem cat and header are still in place, there won't likely be any codes.
Well I have found most technicians at my local dealership say OEM or nothing. One or two of them know a little something about head swapping and turbos and everything, but for the most part, dealership will say OEM or it wont work right.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Oh, no. Everyone at the dealership was saying it wouldn't have high enough backpressure and would get my engine check light but I haven't had this problem, then they said give it a while. I have done exhaust work to several vehicles and had experience around a fair amount of vehicles to know what to expect. I do feel the weld job needs to be checked because it almost sounds like a rattle when I open it up too quickly. I will make sure to check this first opportunity today.

I don't expect any problem with backpressure unless you run without a muffler, shorten the pipe to the rear axle and run it catless without the resonator and you MIGHT have an issue with backpressure then.
So just for clarification, I should run it without at catalytic converter and without a resonator but with a muffler? Sorry but every time I read what you wrote, that's how I understand it. I'm probably reading it wrong but just want clarification.....

And btw I'm probably only gonna get the glasspack and run all stock for everything else, so i'm hoping everything will be fine. Just need to save up some money now hahaha

·
Registered
755 Posts
So just for clarification, I should run it without at catalytic converter and without a resonator but with a muffler? Sorry but every time I read what you wrote, that's how I understand it. I'm probably reading it wrong but just want clarification.....

And btw I'm probably only gonna get the glasspack and run all stock for everything else, so i'm hoping everything will be fine. Just need to save up some money now hahaha
If you ran catless and resonatorless with a muffler, that would be loudest. But that might cause back pressure problems.

It is plenty loud without the resonator and with the muffler. The cat is staying alone because it is incorporated with the header so there is no removing that unless you change the header.

·
Registered
42 Posts
If you ran catless and resonatorless with a muffler, that would be loudest. But that might cause back pressure problems.

It is plenty loud without the resonator and with the muffler. The cat is staying alone because it is incorporated with the header so there is no removing that unless you change the header.
Gotcha..... Thanx for that.

My only other question/ problem is how different the setup is between a sedan and a hatchback.... I don't imagine it's that different minus the obvious length differences, but I guess I'll cross that bridge when I go to get it welded up and everything.

Thank you so much for the video though, made my decision of exhaust alot easier

·
Banned
303 Posts
Kinda baffled that i haven't seen this thread before...

So here it is a ton of links all with explanation of whats what on the car:

Broken Motorsports "Green" header and performance muffler - drive by...
Broken Motorsports Fiesta exhaust "Green" Header and performance muffler drive-by... - YouTube

Broken Motorsports " Green" header and performance muffler - start up, revs and drive off
Broken Motorsports Fiesta exhaust "Green" header with performance muffler #2 - YouTube

Broken Motorsports "Green" header and performance muffler - interior/cruising
Broken Motorsports Fiesta exhaust "Green" Header with performance muffler: cruising... - YouTube

Broken Motorsports "Green" Header and race pipe - drive by
Broken Motorsports Fiesta exhaust - "Green" header and race pipe: drive by - YouTube

Broken Motorsports "Green" Header and race pipe - start up, revs and drive off
Broken Motorsports Fiesta exhaust - "Green" Header with race pipe, start up and drive away - YouTube

Broken Motorsports "Green" Header and race pipe - interior/cruising
Broken Motorsports Fiesta exhaust... "Green" Header and race pipe - YouTube

Broken Motorsports cat-back with race pipe - at speed rallying/ interior
BRS 2011 - Goose Pond In SS10 - YouTube

Broken Motorsports cat-back with race pipe - at speed rallying/ exterior BIG JUMP!!!
Black River Stages 2011 - Broken Motorsports 2011 Ford Fiesta BIG JUMP! - Camera 2 - YouTube
Black River Stages 2011 - Broken Motorsports 2011 Ford Fiesta BIG JUMP! - YouTube

These are the only videos i have of our exhaust. Hit up jcr557 for some of our "Black" header videos.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Gotcha..... Thanx for that.

My only other question/ problem is how different the setup is between a sedan and a hatchback.... I don't imagine it's that different minus the obvious length differences, but I guess I'll cross that bridge when I go to get it welded up and everything.

Thank you so much for the video though, made my decision of exhaust alot easier
Actually I don't believe there are any differences at all

·
Registered
13 Posts
Has any one tried just cutting out the resonator and installing a pipe in its place and leaving the stock muffler on? I don't want a lot of noise but I do want a unique sound, no popping though

·
Registered
3,428 Posts

Brandon and I used some really good audio equipment to record in-car sounds of the Borla Ford Racing cat-back exhaust in my Fiesta. The drone you hear on the highway is actually my very worn out Yokohama tires and not the exhaust. This was by far the easiest exhaust system I have ever installed and the sound is perfect! Great low RPM burble, it pops on some shifts, no drone on the highway, and screams at high RPM. It took about 100 miles before I really thought the exhaust sounded right. Since then, I have been very happy with it. The tips are still a little big for me, but I am not used to it. We will be doing an outside the car video soon, and then doing the exact same route with the ST so you can compare the cars together. Crank up the volume and enjoy!!

·
Registered
97 Posts

Brandon and I used some really good audio equipment to record in-car sounds of the Borla Ford Racing cat-back exhaust in my Fiesta. The drone you hear on the highway is actually my very worn out Yokohama tires and not the exhaust. This was by far the easiest exhaust system I have ever installed and the sound is perfect! Great low RPM burble, it pops on some shifts, no drone on the highway, and screams at high RPM. It took about 100 miles before I really thought the exhaust sounded right. Since then, I have been very happy with it. The tips are still a little big for me, but I am not used to it. We will be doing an outside the car video soon, and then doing the exact same route with the ST so you can compare the cars together. Crank up the volume and enjoy!!
Sounds great can't wait to hear the outside video.

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
we will get working on that soon. It might be after we get the ST so we can do the ST and my Fiesta together on the same day. Starting next week, there will be a ton of filming going on with the ST, so I am not sure when we will get to the exhaust video. I promise it will be soon.

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Hmm. That is not as loud or rumbly as some of the other Fiesta exhausts. Do you feel much difference?
not really, or at least not as much as I had hoped for. The car is way more fun to drive, but I don't think you can really feel the power gains. The fun-o-meter gained big time, but the dyno numbers don't support it. I really need to drive a stock Fiesta once to get an idea how that feels. For the enjoyment factor alone, the exhaust is worth doing.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I want to go full custom header back. But funds are non existent right now. I hope to gain something with a tubed header and high flow cat. But that prolly won't happen till next year or later. This economy really needs to improve.

81 - 100 of 134 Posts