Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may or may not have been discussed in another thread and if it was I could not find it .
I was browsing the web earlier looking at different Fiesta sites and read there will be an RS and an ST version with 2.0 Duratec motors . Do you think we will be seeing these versions in the states ?

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Just a complete guess, but my thought would be for a EcoBoost 1.6L and not a 2.0L. This is just a guess, but the packaging makes sense for the 1.6L. Only time will tell if there will be a factory performance model. In the mean time, Ford Racing and FSWerks are working on some very nice products for the Fiesta that will surely give it some more go!

·
Registered
209 Posts
I came across some info the other day that leads me to believe a 1.6-liter, EcoBoost Fiesta would be very likely.

Bryan, look up the Lincoln C concept... and note the claimed mpg for the concept. Then recall the question we were asked in debriefing that had us all confused regarding a turbo and MPG.

Dots connected? :D

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Mark, I agree with you 100%. When I was at the auto show talking with some of the people at the EcoBoost display they said a good application for the 1.6L EB was the Fiesta, and also mentioned the Lincoln concept car. I don't think I will be waiting a few more years for the EB version, and I find the power of the NA 1.6L to be very good. If I need some more power, I always have 375hp of a V8 in my Mustang. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
figures

It doesn't seem like you guys are all that concerned about it . I have been wanting them to send the Focus RS over here for many years and of course they didn't . Now the same thing is happening with the Fiesta . We just can't seem to get a break . I guess I am going to wind up having to buy myself a Subaru . Ford Fiesta | Auto Express News | News | Auto Express It just isn't fair :(

·
Registered
522 Posts
An ecoboost version would be great if they added that fancy LSD from the Focus RS to it. I absolutely hate driving high powered FWD cars because of torque steer.

·
Banned
1,063 Posts
The only thing is that the last generation of Fiesta never had the RS option as I recall....The only thing that was offered was the Fiesta ST and that was only available in the UK..right?

·
Registered
893 Posts
There was a Fiesta RS Concept. Taken to the track and tested. That thing ran like mad.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts