Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys,
I have a Fiesta SE 2014 manufactured in Mexico and sold in Brazil. With the help of this forum I was able to perform the upgrade from Sync 1 to Sync 3 and everything works very well so far.

I added the OEM camera to my Setup and made the appropriate electrical connections following the diagram below:

Then, I used FORScan to enable the camera in the IPC / BCM, in the Parking Aid Camera option. When I leave the With Parking Camera option enabled, I receive DTC U0264: 87-0A, stating that communication with the camera has been lost.

Regardless of the option configured above, the camera works when I reverse it but the dynamic lines do not work. I've checked all the connections and everything is correct but not working.

Note:

My car has a manual transmission and does not have OEM parking sensors.

I noticed a BCM Part Number difference in vehicles that have OEM parking sensors for vehicles that do not. Could this be the cause?

I would like to ask for support here and find out if anyone else has done this upgrade. I am available to add information.

·
Registered
77 Posts
What codes did you edit for the camera in FORScan? I am in the process of doing the same thing. I dont think the dynamic lines will be able to change. I haven't heard of anyone (mostly from the ST forums) having the dynamic lines on a DIY install like this.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What codes did you edit for the camera in FORScan? I am in the process of doing the same thing. I dont think the dynamic lines will be able to change. I haven't heard of anyone (mostly from the ST forums) having the dynamic lines on a DIY install like this.
I decided to post here because I also didn't see anyone who upgraded the OEM camera and was successful in the dynamic lines.

Regarding codes, I didn't make any changes to AS-BUILT, only via IPC Central Configuration (Main), as shown here:

Given the situation, I started to research and compare the systems and understand what are the differences between them to try to discover the feasibility of leaving the resource working as an OEM.

To date, I have actually noticed a difference in Part Number in BCM:

On models with OEM Camera: DN1T-15K600-JG

On models without OEM Camera: DN1T-15K600-EG

As there is nothing clear yet, I am providing another BCM module of a model with an OEM camera for replacement and testing.

·
Registered
77 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hello friends,

Moving on to update about the project:

I got a BCM module code DN1T-15K600-JG for testing. Soon I noticed the number of extra pins in the connectors, mainly in the C2280G, where the pins of the parking sensors and the pin of the LIN bus are, which was properly connected to the camera. Remembering that my car does not have OEM parking sensors.

I restored a backup of my old BCM and did the tests, but I still get the DTC U0264: 87-0A - Lost Communication With Camera Module - Rear. I have not yet completed the tests, as I am in the phase of surveying the necessary adjustments to be changed via FORScan.

I would like the collaboration of a member to provide the AS-Built configurations of the BCM and PSCM modules so that I can compare with mine. When downloading the AS-BUILT files from a vehicle through the Motorcraft portal, the PSCM data does not come in the file, I did not understand that.

Any testing / verification suggestion is welcome.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi buddy whats the status of this?
Even i am trying to do the same. Is it working u?
Hello Friend,

The camera remains in operation when in reverse, but the dynamic lines remain inoperable, even after all adjustments via FORScan (parking camera enabled) and the electrical connection following the original electrical scheme, in addition to the BCM module replacement.

Using as a basis the repair manual attached here (413-13B Parking Aid - Vehicles With Parking Aid Camera), I verified that there is voltage on the LIN bus pin even with the C2280G connector disconnected from the BCM.

The challenge now is to trace the LIN wire and see where it gets the voltage. I would also love to track on a Fiesta with an OEM camera to see if I forgot something.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts